Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in Pittsburgh PA. My dealer won't give me a price on the RS yet... Why? I keep asking and he said he doesn't know. Today I asked if it would be MSRP and he said, " no prices yet"... I'm trying to remain in very favorable standings with him. But I don't understand how he doesn't know a price when the whole world knows it. I'm scared I'm gonna be screwed with ADM.... Anyhow. Just wanted to vent to people who feel my pain.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Might be he doesn't have an allotment and he's stalling? Might be pricing hasn't been carved in stone but I don't expect it to go up at this point.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Im in Pittsburgh PA. My dealer won't give me a price on the RS yet... Why? I keep asking and he said he doesn't know. Today I asked if it would be MSRP and he said, " no prices yet"... I'm trying to remain in very favorable standings with him. But I don't understand how he doesn't know a price when the whole world knows it. I'm scared I'm gonna be screwed with ADM.... Anyhow. Just wanted to vent to people who feel my pain.
Speak with GM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps. He said he has 4 allocated and I'm number 1 which is awesome but why can't you just tell me you'll charge MSRP or above or whatever. He doesn't have to even give me number.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If they try ADM, I'll take my 45K and buything something with an AMG logo, or a used S3.
What will you buy with an AMG logo? To be fair, the 2016 CLA/GLA AMGs look like they're finally decent cars, but, 2015 and prior were purely $ for badging. Interiors were subpar as were transmissions. Like all good Germans, you get fooled by the base price, but, once you start adding on things that should be standard, you break through the $50k barrier very quickly.

·
Registered
367 Posts
What will you buy with an AMG logo? To be fair, the 2016 CLA/GLA AMGs look like they're finally decent cars, but, 2015 and prior were purely $ for badging. Interiors were subpar as were transmissions. Like all good Germans, you get fooled by the base price, but, once you start adding on things that should be standard, you break through the $50k barrier very quickly.
At mid 40 price point you can pick up a certified CLA45 or a used low mile C63.

I have driven both the gla and cla. While the interior quality is not their with an S class. It is at least as good as the Focus. I am being generous. It is more than a badge job. The GLA45 out performed the macan turbo for alot less cash, and the 2016 cla45 has been rated at 4.1 0-60.

Even the 2015 and older were quite quick, high 12s were the norm with compenent handling to boot.

The CLA45 priced at what I want new is short of 53k. Since I'm getting the RS at msrp makes the difference about 11k. For the 11k diff, I think the rs may be the better choice. However add a 5k adm, I'll just pony up and buy the Benz.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Which dealer in Pittsburgh? I put my deposit down with Moontownship Ford before the order bank opened and had already agreed on MSRP. They had two allocations, of which I got the first. I don't know if anyone claimed the second allocation but you may want to give them a call and see if the other is available.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which dealer in Pittsburgh? I put my deposit down with Moontownship Ford before the order bank opened and had already agreed on MSRP. They had two allocations, of which I got the first. I don't know if anyone claimed the second allocation but you may want to give them a call and see if the other is available.
This is at Wexford Shults ford. He problem goes deeper... I am stuck with this dealer. My sales guy has been awesome. I'm just panicking. I'm "stuck" because I did a complimentary trade of my ST with them. So know they have 22k of mine that goes to the RS. I'm not sure I can take that money back. Or if I do I'm gong to have to pay taxes on it I'm sure. I have a relationship with Baierl Ford as well. But like I said. I'm committed to Shults currently.
I want it to work out at Shults. Just praying I'm not getting screwed over soon...

·
Registered
188 Posts
In Missouri, for sales tax purposes, you have one month to get a new vehicle and subtract the sale price of the old vehicle from the purchase price of the new vehicle. Otherwise you pay sales tax on the full price of the new car. So make sure the paperwork jives when you buy the new car. I don't know the ins and outs of this, but it may be you have to maintain the registration/plates active on the old car for this to work. I don't know how the DMV would deal with this, especially if someone ends up buying your old car. Plus you'd have to maintain insurance... Not sure if that would be worth it.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm currently getting the same response from my dealer. When I asked whether they would mark it up he said that it depends on what their allocation amount is. So either they don't know yet, or he's just not in the loop.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is at Wexford Shults ford. He problem goes deeper... I am stuck with this dealer. My sales guy has been awesome. I'm just panicking. I'm "stuck" because I did a complimentary trade of my ST with them. So know they have 22k of mine that goes to the RS. I'm not sure I can take that money back. Or if I do I'm gong to have to pay taxes on it I'm sure. I have a relationship with Baierl Ford as well. But like I said. I'm committed to Shults currently.
I want it to work out at Shults. Just praying I'm not getting screwed over soon...
Both Shults and Baierl gave me the run around when I was asking them questions with Shults telling me to come back in early November once they have figured out what they were doing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My dealer just got back to me tonight as he was out hunting earlier on. HOW DARE HE TAKE A DAY OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF MY RS ORDER!! ;) He said my order went through today and that "John Doe" would get me a price on it tomorrow... sounds kind of backwards ordering me a car to my specifications without telling me a price... i suppose they wont have much trouble selling it if i back out but man... just tell me if its MSRP or not...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My dealer just got back to me tonight as he was out hunting earlier on. HOW DARE HE TAKE A DAY OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF MY RS ORDER!! ;) He said my order went through today and that "John Doe" would get me a price on it tomorrow... sounds kind of backwards ordering me a car to my specifications without telling me a price... i suppose they wont have much trouble selling it if i back out but man... just tell me if its MSRP or not...
i use a lot of (...) when i type. i suck...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
Jonccooper
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing