Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me what the bulb size is for the front turn signals? I hate the fried egg look. it already has a ugly amber corner insert on the light lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone stumbled on LED replacement bulbs for the front blinkers?

Diode Dynamics makes an LED for the rear turn signals, but I haven't found anything for the front.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Has anyone stumbled on LED replacement bulbs for the front blinkers?

Diode Dynamics makes an LED for the rear turn signals, but I haven't found anything for the front.
The front turn signal bulb number is a PY21W or 7507 (1156 will also fit in our socket). I have had these LED's
in the car for just about two years. No problems. Bought them from VLED but there are many companies that
sell LED's in those sizes. They do not reflect any amber tint when off.

I changed EVERY incandescent light bulb on the car to LED's except the HID headlamps lights. I replaced those
with Philips X-TremeVision Gen 2 D3S HID bulbs.

1156_hva_1_3.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
The front turn signal bulb number is an 1156 and I have had these LED's in the car for just about two years. No problems.
Bought them from VLED but there are many 1156 LED's out there. They do not reflect any amber tint when off.
Hey Mark...do they hyperblink?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Almost all my lights are LED too. I've purchased quite a few bulbs from VLEDs. Their product can be pricey but they are high quality and some of the brightest I've seen. I always try to catch their sales. My RS has V3 Triton(no longer made) turn signals front and rear, V6 Triton brake lights, High Output White 6 LED 921 reverse, and High Output 26 LED 194 mirror indicators. My fogs are Philips X-treme Vision LED - they're a very close color match to the stock DRL.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The front turn signal bulb number is a PY21W or 7507 (1156 will also fit in our socket). I have had these LED's
in the car for just about two years. No problems. Bought them from VLED but there are many companies that
sell LED's in those sizes. They do not reflect any amber tint when off.

I changed EVERY incandescent light bulb on the car to LED's except the HID headlamps lights. I replaced those
with Philips X-TremeVision Gen 2 D3S HID bulbs.
How much of a difference did you notice with those new HID bulbs?

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I live in a rural area with no street lights so any lighting change is very noticeable for me. These Philips X-TremeVision Gen 2 D3S HID bulbs are about 25% brighter than the factory Osram HID bulbs. They are also just a touch whiter being 5000K vs the 4500K OEM HID's. For anyone wanting a cooler white bulb, the Osram CBB D3S HID 7000K would be the bulb to get but it is not quite as bright as the Philips.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I live in a rural area with no street lights so any lighting change is very noticeable for me. These Philips X-TremeVision Gen 2 D3S HID bulbs are about 25% brighter than the factory Osram HID bulbs. They are also just a touch whiter being 5000K vs the 4500K OEM HID's. For anyone wanting a cooler white bulb, the Osram CBB D3S HID 7000K would be the bulb to get but it is not quite as bright as the Philips.
Do you have a link?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah the T-slice are real easy to use. I mounted like in this post. for the rear and something similar for the front, but I extended the wires and punched them through the rubber cup and mounted them below.

I'm looking into this so maybe I can remove the resistors one day. I think on the RS there's no relay, and it's all controlled by the ECU. So if you flash the ECU then the problem goes away.

I wonder if there's a thing in Syvecs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just received the Autobeam package for all the turn signals to replace to LEDs. I managed to install the front and mirrors, but the rear turn signal light bulb has the same kind of fitting as the mirror fitting. It's a flat light bulb that slides in 2 copper prangs. IMG_7315.jpg
How was this at your car? I've reached out to Autobeam to see if they have experience with this.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found out all my rear lights have the 3157 light bulb sockets so I can't use the bayonet base screw in socket LED lights. Anyone has experience replacing the 3157 sockets to bayonet base sockets? I'm looking at the Ford parts #13K371 specifically.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts