Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just need a quick favor/help.

Can someone please measure the dimensions for the front bumper where the number plate goes?
I am after the width and height as I am ordering some plates and looking at options.

Many thanks in advance.

P.

·
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @mikesk

I am really annoyed as the RMS (our local gov't registration centre) gave me false information on 2 fronts today.
Will visit them tomorrow to show them the new rules.

Sweet jebus but thankfully everything will be good tomorrow.
:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks @mikesk

I am really annoyed as the RMS (our local gov't registration centre) gave me false information on 2 fronts today.
Will visit them tomorrow to show them the new rules.

Sweet jebus but thankfully everything will be good tomorrow.
What do the rules state so if the RMS try it on us we can stick the rules in their idiot faces

·
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Basically, there are 2 revisions of myplates brochures.

The old myplates brochure and the one they showed me in store, has since been updated. You can find the new one on the myplates.com.au website. (top tab) print it off and take with you when ordering.

The old brochure has older styles dimensions and these have since been updated with changes in width and height.

However, I will go in tomorrow with the new brochure and demand the new style. If they refuse expect me on the nightly news...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered mine off the website just to be 100%. Because i was given an old brochure when i went in.
Typical government services ...hopeless

·
Registered
12 Posts
Couldn't bear to put holes in the front bar so 3M'd the **** out my slimline plates, front and back. It'd take a bit to get them off!! Good luck man!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
So Aussie cars come without holes for plates? Holes drilled by dealer. I'm going to do something like the Grimmspeed offset plate.

·
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am 50/50 to go with screws on front or double sided tape or velcro...
Worried the tape will eventually give way and I lose my special plates..

Decisions decisions...

·
Registered
1 Posts
what did you guys end up doing with your plates? tape? velcro? magnets?
i've just ordered some premium slim plates for my new MK2. well it's new to me. obviously it's not new generally. still the best car i've ever owned even tho it's the oldest!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just went with the Kingpin covers and backing plates from Autobarn, but mine are standard issue size plates not slim. Screwed on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts