Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to order a tow hook front plate bracket after I take delivery of my RS. Anyone know where to get a good tow hook plate mount? Not drilling into the bumper of a 40k car, I could make one if all else fails. In the RS pictures so far there seems to be a front tow hook attachment in the middle bumper. Happy about this as I've heard that the US-spec FoST doesn't have a front tow hook.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I plan to order a tow hook front plate bracket after I take delivery of my RS. Anyone know where to get a good tow hook plate mount? Not drilling into the bumper of a 40k car, I could make one if all else fails. In the RS pictures so far there seems to be a front tow hook attachment in the middle bumper. Happy about this as I've heard that the US-spec FoST doesn't have a front tow hook.
As far as a Tow hook, im not sure about, but my dealer said (not sure if its true) the car comes with pre-drilled holes and plugs in the holes upon arrival.

The first thing i was worried about was them taking a drill to my bumper, oh New York State, how much i love thee

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as a Tow hook, im not sure about, but my dealer said (not sure if its true) the car comes with pre-drilled holes and plugs in the holes upon arrival.

The first thing i was worried about was them taking a drill to my bumper, oh New York State, how much i love thee
Yup! Well that'll be one of the things I inspect for come delivery. NYS always looking to make a buck off "equipment violations".

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yup! Well that'll be one of the things I inspect for come delivery. NYS always looking to make a buck off "equipment violations".
Yea lol for sure, Im waiting for the Speed Cameras and the inspections to get more strict,

Fun Story, when i bought my 370z, it came from Alabama (No front license Plate), i watched in horror as a service guy pulled out a drill and tore 2 holes into my bumper for the ugliest bracket i've ever seen,

Another thing i asked about was Dealer Badges, my Dealer said they never ever touch these limited cars with dealer badges and they don't drill holes, if they dont come pre-drilled from the factory without written consent from the owners, which i thought was cool

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

I did see bumper plugs on some of the mules / show cars.
hmm... if holes already exist and the plate doesnt block the fmic or radiator ill just stick it where its suposed to be, but if no plugs Im going tow hook mount.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did see bumper plugs on some of the mules / show cars.
hmm... if holes already exist and the plate doesnt block the fmic or radiator ill just stick it where its suposed to be, but if no plugs Im going tow hook mount.
indeed, One day it just crossed my mind as i was looking at pictures to pick a color, Where on heavens earth am i going to put the Plate on the front.

The front bumper is so open that you can only really put it on once place...

Blockage really started to concern me, i'm not losing performance, or generating more heat for some dumb silly yellow plate

But if they come pre-drilled i guess Ford is ahead of us on it, which is nice to know they did not forget about us front platers

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Fun Story, when i bought my 370z, it came from Alabama (No front license Plate), i watched in horror as a service guy pulled out a drill and tore 2 holes into my bumper for the ugliest bracket i've ever seen,
Seems only fair that you should be able to take the drill and put 2 holes in his forehead for doing that. That happened to an Audi TT I bought new in 2001. I made the dealer order me a brand new front bumper cover pre-painted at the factory in Das Motherland. Dumb fockers....

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
The holes in our cars are not pre-drilled, but they have 3 little indentations to show them where to ruin your car. You can see them if you get a good, hi-res front end picture.

Jim

·
Registered
197 Posts
Seems only fair that you should be able to take the drill and put 2 holes in his forehead for doing that. That happened to an Audi TT I bought new in 2001. I made the dealer order me a brand new front bumper cover pre-painted at the factory in Das Motherland. Dumb fockers....
oh i gave them absolute hell for it... i made them feel bad and they ordered these nice Z plate covers free of charge, but at first i cant even describe how hideous it looked, i almost threw up

he should have gotten 2 holes drilled in his brain for being a dumb butt

·
Registered
197 Posts
The holes in our cars are not pre-drilled, but they have 3 little indentations to show them where to ruin your car. You can see them if you get a good, hi-res front end picture.

Jim
That's good to know, i felt a lot better about them being pre-drilled, the idea of people with power tools near my car scares me..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Jim
Alright then tow hook mount it is! I'll make multiple mentions every time I follow up with my dealer that the technician is not getting that drill anywhere near my car!

·
Registered
145 Posts
With an order already sent to the bank... Could it be added to the order to not have them drill the license place holes?
I would much rather have those electric license plate holders that pop-up from under the front bumper lol.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
With an order already sent to the bank... Could it be added to the order to not have them drill the license place holes?
I would much rather have those electric license plate holders that pop-up from under the front bumper lol.
I spoke to Dean, he said he put a note on my order, but just to remind him when the time to take delivery nears.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Pretty sure holes are drilled at dealer
You are correct, that's why he put a note on my order, to remind himself to tell the guys that prep the car after delivery. :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Have them write it on your order. I spoke with my dealer when ordering my ST. Under penalty of refusing delivery, don't drill the front plate bracket. Don't know if we will have the tow hook pop out on NA cars this time around but that tow hoop mount is the way to go IMO. I have the hide a plate and after three years its still holding up but it's a bit fussy to use now.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'm planning to be there to watch them on the RS off the truck. Taking no chances with any kinda shenanigans.
I feel ya, that was my plan as well. I'm hoping I can take it straight from the dealer to a place to ClearBra it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
About this Discussion
57 Replies
28 Participants
CycoRS
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing