Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been reading the horror stories of part #G1EZ-17808-A getting damaged and flapping off at speed. I have a slight crack in mine and would like to replace it. This part is expensive for what it is! Has anyone replaced theirs with something other than OEM? I’m wondering if the regular for focus undertray will work or if anyone has an aluminum option for this tray.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Yes I did a post and install pics on the Neutron Pro front tray here somewhere.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I went the line-x route, but many options are discussed here:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys, i was having a hard time finding any info on these. With all the vendors selling through social media it makes parts hard to find.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
The nutron piece is what I would have went with if DMGFab didnt produce their front skid plate.

If you’re not looking for additional protection/strength the Nutron piece seems perfect for stock replacement. If you prefer the DMGFab design however I didnt see them on raptorracing’s site last time I checked, so I hope he still makes them and it’s only something going on at raptor racing or between them. You can probably reach Dorian directly using the contact info in the group buy.

Both options were about 50% of the stock part for me!

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Post #3.....

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
My undertray dropped on a couple of occasions. I will not replace the plastic toy parts. I am getting the noted Dorian sourced kit soon for a rally race next spring in Canada. The oem part is a joke. Not RS worthy. Newfoundland Bambina is the rally eh. #JCG

·
Registered
439 Posts
Any members tried this skid plate yet?
Someone needs to "interpret" what the vendor is saying....

Claims some type of improvement but has a disclaimer show piece only not to be used on roads...

I ditched my fiberboard piece/panel in the basement & looking at this aftermarket front section [ Nutron IC SkidPlate AL 2mm Ford Focus RS MK3 ]

Is this panel an improvement over the OE plastic front panel/piece?

Does it add rigidity to front bumper section at the bottom?

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Find my thread install post with pics

yes and yes

be ready to rivetnut/blind nut the OE mount locations.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts