Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed on the Ford of Germany website they list five colors available (including the liquid blue) whereas the north american specifically lists four colors. I'm wondering if this indicates that rumors of the liquid blue being added for a premium price is true? Liquid blue not available in North America? Or simply an error as we have seen before on Fords website...supposedly....(315 or 350 hp).
"Five striking exterior colours include Nitrous Blue, a vibrant four-coat metallic finish exclusive to the RS, as well as Stealth Grey, Shadow Black, Magnetic Grey and Frozen White. The car displayed in Geneva features the same special Liquid Blue colour scheme first seen on the all-new Ford GT revealed in January at the North American International Auto Show."

Here's the link: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/de/de/news/2015/03/03/all-new-ford-focus-rs-makes-global-auto-show-debut--pioneers-inn.html

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
Noticed on the Ford of Germany website they list five colors available (including the liquid blue) whereas the north american specifically lists four colors. I'm wondering if this indicates that rumors of the liquid blue being added for a premium price is true? Liquid blue not available in North America? Or simply an error as we have seen before on Fords website...supposedly....(315 or 350 hp).
"Five striking exterior colours include Nitrous Blue, a vibrant four-coat metallic finish exclusive to the RS, as well as Stealth Grey, Shadow Black, Magnetic Grey and Frozen White. The car displayed in Geneva features the same special Liquid Blue colour scheme first seen on the all-new Ford GT revealed in January at the North American International Auto Show."

Here's the link: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/de/de/news/2015/03/03/all-new-ford-focus-rs-makes-global-auto-show-debut--pioneers-inn.html
I don't think they are including Liquid Blue. I see 5 colors in the list before they mention Liquid Blue on the show car. Looks like two Greys.

·
Super Moderator
15,331 Posts
Last I read the Liquid Blue was exclusively a Car Show color for all of Ford's new models and not available. It's still early for Ford to release everything on the FoRS.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Liquid blue is a show color only for their display cars

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope Ford is watching this forum - I think four color choices are too limited. Ford needs to compare color choices with their competition, both in the showroom and on the show circuit. Nitrous Blue looks too much like the Mustang's Grabber Blue and Stealth Gray just looks like a milky, watered down excuse for gray. The demographic that wants this car might want brighter colors, but the ones that can afford this car may want to keep a lower profile.

The short of it is, I don't like the blue or the gray (too bright/too milky - attracts attention), and I don't like black or white (too plain). Give me a *real* blue (Performance Blue) or gray (Magnetic). These are strong colors that reflect a strong car.

PLEASE FORD, PLEASE! Give us REAL colors instead of the current options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sooo...

What color are you guys/gals getting?

Based on the images and pics online, I am contemplating towards Nitrous Blue or Frozen White :cool:
If the Shadow Black on the RS is the same as the Super Duty, it will be non-metallic. Tempting, but way too difficult to keep on top of. I am leaning towards Frozen White, but I saw Magnetic Metallic on a Super Duty and it's a REALLY nice color. It'll be a tough choice between those two for me.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Wish they offered imperial blue and or performance blue.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Bay side blue
image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
This guy had his new GTR painted in bay side blue (TV-2) because Nissan diddnt offer it as an option.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd love to have it in a dark midnight blue color. not sure how to describe it XD. I think BMWs have the type of color I'm thinking of. I think the lighter RS theme colors would pop on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
SamuShamploo
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing