1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
do we know bolt pattern, hub diameter and the stock width and offset? don't think I've seen mention of anything other than diameter and tire size. I'd prefer to run 18's vs the stock 19's

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
image.jpg

The spoke on the 18s is shaped different than on the 17s for some reason. The blue is a little over the top, but I've always liked the Pannasport, minilight, compomotive ML, watanabe eight spoke design. In this pic on the VW is a 2005 Mini Cooper rim. It looks much better in silver.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
do we know bolt pattern, hub diameter and the stock width and offset? don't think I've seen mention of anything other than diameter and tire size. I'd prefer to run 18's vs the stock 19's
The last I heard even the ST wheels were questionable on fit, and stated may need spacers to clear the caliper. I never got a clear answer on this. So 18's will fit just may need a little more offset. I'm hoping the ST wheels bolt up as it would save from buying winter rims.

I would also love running some 18's too, but only lightweight and Forged :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love minilite style wheels, but not sure they would suit the RS. I would love to see it on somebody else's car though. They usually look better in 14" or 15" with a low offset on 70's-80's cars. I'm also not sure about Rota wheels. I've heard a ton of horror stories about them, but these stories did come from the internet so who knows...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll be perfectly content with the factory forged wheels. I might have to try to snag a set of stockers for track rubber at some point though.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would be nice if I could swap rims betwee my STi and the RS. image.jpg

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did anyone ever pursue this wheel style and have it drilled to fit?
Not that I know of. They do make them in 5x100 +40 in 18x8.5. I would guess that they would allow special ordered bolt pattern and hub size.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
mofoRS
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing