Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FoRS3.jpg

A 2007 FoRS that's registered as a FoST and then in 2013 it was written off by the insurance so then transformed into a full blown Focus RS. Identical in every way that's cheap to insure the V5 engine that's registered as a FoST.

Located in Essex, UK and current bidding is at £8,100.00

I'll be watching to see what this vehicle goes for given it's history and that it may not post to the United States.

Ford Focus RS | eBay

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is a V5 engine?

Or the point of this thread..?
@w3rkn

Yep, that's what it was listed as in the write-up. I know that all 2.5's are inline 5's and I listed what was in the advert. (There's always one laughable note in online write-ups)

My point, which you asked about, is to see what a insurance write off vehicle will go for that was allegedly converted from a FoST to a FoRS.

An actual Mk2 went for $30K at the Barrett-Jackson auction house a little while ago.

Curious as to whether the UK registration lists salvaged vehicles in the title like here in the US.

If they do I'm thinking £8,100 is top dollar for this vehicle.

Yawn.

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Up to £10,100.00 currently with a few more photos added.

5 days left for bidding.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That RS in the states is still trying to find a home. Heard the sale fell through at Barret Jacksons. No one seems to want it since it was in a front end collision, and anyone with $35k would be crazy not to get a new RS. I believe this thing is still in Vermont....

Ford Focus RS | eBay

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That RS in the states is still trying to find a home. Heard the sale fell through at Barret Jacksons. No one seems to want it since it was in a front end collision, and anyone with $35k would be crazy not to get a new RS. I believe this thing is still in Vermont....

Ford Focus RS | eBay
The last time I spoke about the Mk2 that sold at Barrett-Jackson was while up at Ford Nationals in Carlisle.

One forum member I spoke with from that area, mentioned that the car dealership that purchased it really has no intention of selling it since it's being used to get people out on the car lot.

I'm wondering what the history is on this conversion FoRS since it was an insurance write-off.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
You know that's thing has been shagged in a proper fashion.

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
306 Posts
The only thing I see here is an Owner, trying to sell a car and fooling someone into thinking it is 6 years newer...

Why would anyone be interested, when u can just buy a used RS anyways.

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if Mike Brewer from Wheeler Dealer scooped this up for £10,758.00?

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not going to lie, but even without all wheel drive, I'd still probably have a MK2 RS over the new MK3. Something a little looney about that much power and performance in FWD.

Huminah.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The mk 2 RS is a hell of a car. Ide want one and cant stand fwd. If this one started out as a 07 foRS then it's awd. Then it turns into a 2012 foST for insurance reasons. If it is awd I bet that dude cleaned house on the streets.

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's another:

RS.jpg

2003 FORD FOCUS RS BLUE | eBay

Only 310hp in this lightweight! (If, I'm reading the advertisement correctly)

Appears to have RMM issue upon launch.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
image.jpg

This going to turn into RS pics only?

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Super Moderator