Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. 345bhp would be rad for sure. I liked how the video starts slow then is all encrypted sounding. Say it is so that they release the RS with 345 bhp...that would put it at 285 295 whp. Now what if the figure they are giving us is close to the actual wheel horsepower. If that was the case, how much more power could be had with mods? I bet not much. If it's actual whp is closer to the 345 then a stage 2 car may only see 25-35 whp as the factory intake and exhaust already flow very well. Maybe 400whp with boltons and good 92/93 oct gas can be had.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is accurate, I could really enjoy 345hp.
Hopefully they'll say something at Carlisle this weekend
What a pleasant post. If the 345bhp feels like my 330whp STi I might not change anything till the warranty runs out. I could really enjoy 345bhp too. If the stock block holds 450-500 whp with no issues then I will reconsider mods. Seriously I'm not buying the first model year. I will wait for hype to die down and the price to come down. Also might wait for the RS500 to come out, but I bet that's a pretty penny. So a year to wait for the RS to come out then another year for it to prove itself. I'm looking at 2 1/2 to three years before I get one realistically.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys, this is going to be a car that is only available in 2016. You will not have the chance to buy a 2017 RS. It's just not going to happen. That's like saying there is going to be 2 model years of the mustang GT350. For what? There would be no reason to have 2 model years of such a rare car. Also, this is the 3rd unit of the RS. The 4 wheel drive system will more than likely be good. It's 2015, I'm pretty sure they have worked out all of the kinks. How hard is it to do what you did in the front and apply it to the back?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Guys, this is going to be a car that is only available in 2016. You will not have the chance to buy a 2017 RS. It's just not going to happen. That's like saying there is going to be 2 model years of the mustang GT350. For what? There would be no reason to have 2 model years of such a rare car. Also, this is the 3rd unit of the RS. The 4 wheel drive system will more than likely be good. It's 2015, I'm pretty sure they have worked out all of the kinks. How hard is it to do what you did in the front and apply it to the back?
Ford has already stated at least a 1.5 year one considering a late launch and there will be a 2017 RS, also if it takes off very well seeing how the Golf R sticks around the FoRS may well too for some time. Ford has also hinted at this during the launch saying they want to make it a more common model like the Golf R, AKA not having a 7 year spread between Gens. As far as the AWD system goes, this is the first time this AWD system has been employed on a performance vehicle and for the Focus. There have also been way more then 3 RS's, but this will be the 3rd FoRS.

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is the first I have heard of this RS only having a 1 year run. What is the source of your information and how accurate is it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Everytime I come on here, I keep hearing more and more about how rare this car is gonna be, without anybody from Ford actually confirming any of it. First I heard they're only gonna make 2,000, now they're only gonna make them for one model year.....

This just in! They will only make 1 Focus RS! If you want one, you have to sign up and be chosen to be in a fight to the death. Last man standing will be granted the honor and privilege of paying 1 million dollars for an RS, as well as their first born.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Prediction: Not only will we see a continuous run of AWD Turbo Foci, but we will also see this RDU and various Ecooboost I-4 engines finding themselves into Fusions, Fiestas, and Escapes...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Guys, this is going to be a car that is only available in 2016. You will not have the chance to buy a 2017 RS. It's just not going to happen. That's like saying there is going to be 2 model years of the mustang GT350. For what? There would be no reason to have 2 model years of such a rare car.
You should work for a Ford dealer! Say what you did there right before telling the customer about the dealer markup :D

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ford will ride the cash cow as long as they can. They will sell the RS as long as people buy them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ford will ride the cash cow as long as they can. They will sell the RS as long as people buy them.
This. Plus Ford has stated that they would like to bring more performance vehicles to their range all the way through 2020. If the RS sells well, it will continue to be produced and sold.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I "heard" they're only making 10 the first year and 5 are going to Ford Execs! FFS people stop perpetuating this crap and wait until they actually start producing the cars before you run out and yell "The sky is falling" LOL

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wut. The Shelby is limited in 15 and already a full 16 and 17 model year. You crazy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I disagree, just go look at the history of the RS. They don't make very many of them and even fewer and been imported to the states. This could change but judging by the last X amount of years the RS has been around, that statement will not hold true

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I disagree, just go look at the history of the RS. They don't make very many of them and even fewer and been imported to the states. This could change but judging by the last X amount of years the RS has been around, that statement will not hold true
Also don't forget the RS hasn't been known to be profit focused and I forget the amount but it was decent chunk they lost on each MK1 FoRS sold.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
They weren't imported because it's illegal to do so. Yes there have been a couple running around Ken Blocks, and and couple of guys who registered them in Mexico where they were legal. The ST made the case for the RS. Ford has said they will build to demand in year two.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
17 Participants
Bluebyutoo
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing