Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've been pretty active on FocusST.org and I'm heavily interested in a new RS so I'm over here now too!

I have a few reservations about the RS, but I don't think I can get as much bang for my buck with any other vehicle.

Reservations:
Technology or lack there of
Seats - I'm a big guy that barely fits into the ST3 recaros
Legroom - Big guy, need room
Daily Driver capable, this will be replacing my ST DD
Price - Needs to be below $40k
Availability - hope i can get one in my area and below sticker price

Other than all that, It looks/sounds awesome, can't wait to find out more.

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
I know what you mean, when I sat in an ST at the dealer to test the fit of that since it is the closest to the RS I bumped my knee on the light switch and turned on the running lights as I was exiting.

Not sure what you mean by lack of tech.. I hear Sync, likely Sync 3, if fact not having Sync 3 would make me want to wait for a later model with it or buy one right before they stop making them. Drive train sounds like it will be one of the higher tech units out there.

I think the car will be a good daily driver if you fit the seats good. From what I hear the ST is one of the best daily drivers for smoothness on the road and quiet ride in this class of cars. (from reading). If the "Normal" driving mode quiets the exhaust and turns down the boost it will likely be very streetable. And only slightly more noticed than the ST by those that don't know what an RS is.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Yes I hope the seats gonna be comfortable, if not it's an golf R for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To decide between 2 vehicles only based off seats is like just choosing a girl just for her eyes. Although they may appeal to you, then you are missing out on what the rest of package may give you.

Any aggressive seat is always going to have people either love them or hate them, but with in time they always break in.

·
Registered
434 Posts
To decide between 2 vehicles only based off seats is like just choosing a girl just for her eyes. Although they may appeal to you, then you are missing out on what the rest of package may give you.

Any aggressive seat is always going to have people either love them or hate them, but with in time they always break in.
When I pay $ 40 grand for a car it will have comfortable seats. I drove the Golf R last week and it does have comfortable seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Besides the seats what else did you like about the R?
That soon the R will be coming out with a manual shift version. :cool:

0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds is great! ( but the RS will probably be even faster)

The R is stealth; it looks like a normal Golf :rolleyes: except for the 4 exhaust tips. Most people will never know it is an "R"

The current Focus ST,ST3 Recaro seats are firm comfortable and very supportive. They at first feel somewhat uncomfortable; I think that the RS seats are similar. Sometimes seats that are too don't provide the proper support in "spirited" driving.

But even so with all the new "R" has, it just doesn't excite me like the RS does.

.... and everyone is right I think the "R" and the "STI" is what the RS is targeting ... both price and features

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
That soon the R will be coming out with a manual shift version. :cool:

0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds is great! ( but the RS will probably be even faster)

The R is stealth; it looks like a normal Golf :rolleyes: except for the 4 exhaust tips. Most people will never know it is an "R"

The current Focus ST,ST3 Recaro seats are firm comfortable and very supportive. They at first feel somewhat uncomfortable; I think that the RS seats are similar. Sometimes seats that are too don't provide the proper support in "spirited" driving.

But even so with all the new "R" has, it just doesn't excite me like the RS does.

.... and everyone is right I think the "R" and the "STI" is what the RS is targeting ... both price and features
For me appearance is last on the list, any and all forms. lbs/HP and driving dynamics are the most important. The R won't have a chance against the RS in terms of dynamics due to the AWD systems used. People who buy an R are the people who either love VW or want a quick car that is fun to drive but excellent for everyday use. If you spend a lot of time at or near the limit, or even driving very aggressive this is where the RS is going to shine. I'm making assumptions but from experience with my ST and also driving many VW products then adding in the continuous statements made by Ford of "great limit handling" and making a "true drivers car". Then you have the physics and abilities of the different AWD systems. If you live for driving down a mountain road really pushing the vehicle, the RS is the one to get. If cruising down the highway with the occasional sprint now and then, is any ones things, the R would not disappoint at all.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Unless you are a very picky person, I don't think any one would make a bad choice with either vehicle. I am curious and hopefully will get my answer from the NYIAS, as to how much of a change in character the RS will have between driving modes. It may be the perfect highway cruiser in normal then change to a mad angry mountain carver in sport or track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts