Ford Focus RS Forum banner

421 - 437 of 437 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
You can only gt the activation code from FORscan at their web site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having some trouble understanding changing the tire size in FORScan and I am hoping someone can help me out. I don't have an issue getting into the as built settings in the APIM and can see the line:

7D0-07-03APIMxxxxxx**xxxxTire Circumference(RS default=67) Adjust when changing tire size

The problem is the default value of 3067. What does this value represent? Especially since apparently I'm only supposed to change the last two digits of 67. The circumference of the oem Cup 2's is 2032mm, which has a hex value of 07F0. Where does 3067 come from? Even if 3067 is the circumference in mm, that isn't even close to the stock 2032. Basically, it comes down to me not being able to change the value to the new tire size because I don't know what the default value represents and I definitely am not guessing by plugging in random values. If anyone could shed some light on this issue it would be very much appreciated. Hopefully I'm just overthinking this. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
Earlier there was a large discussion on this with lots of formula and other notes. Do a search as I don't remember the post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Earlier there was a large discussion on this with lots of formula and other notes. Do a search as I don't remember the post.
I've read thru this entire thread and didn't see anything like that, nor did a forum search turn-up anything. I have found other info on this topic, such as in the FORScan Forum and F150 forums, and I've used those as guidelines, but I can't find anywhere what the default value of 3067 represent. Thanks for responding though.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
I've read thru this entire thread and didn't see anything like that, nor did a forum search turn-up anything. I have found other info on this topic, such as in the FORScan Forum and F150 forums, and I've used those as guidelines, but I can't find anywhere what the default value of 3067 represent. Thanks for responding though.
Sorry I was thinking about the TPMS discussion not the tire size.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
did you try here?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Good docs but not editable.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #430

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I am trying to activate the custom driving mode but IPC module doesn't show up.

I have an european ford focus rs mk3 (with pack performance) from June 2018. Is it related ?

I tried differents versions of forscan. Also tried with two ODB2 tools.

Any idea anyone ? Thank for your help.

(Sorry for my english, it's not my native language).

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hello,

I am trying to activate the custom driving mode but IPC module doesn't show up.

I have an european ford focus rs mk3 (with pack performance) from June 2018. Is it related ?

I tried differents versions of forscan. Also tried with two ODB2 tools.

Any idea anyone ? Thank for your help.

(Sorry for my english, it's not my native language).
You probably are using cheap adapters. Either make an adapter that can access ms-can or buy a obdlink mx

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The OBDLink MX+ is showing on Amazon for 25% off right now. Any lurkers should consider getting it at the discounted price!

·
Registered
50 Posts
The OBDLink MX+ is showing on Amazon for 25% off right now. Any lurkers should consider getting it at the discounted price!
Is OBDLink MX+ confirmed to be able to access all Forscan modules? I have been unable to access some modules with my curren OBD reader https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJL31Z7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1. For example, to enable Bambi Mode.

I am getting a message saying there are problems with CAN comparability with my adapter.

·
Registered
50 Posts

EDIT : Finally figured out what was wrong. There is a setting in forscan where we have to specify the MS-CAN detection. It was set on AUTO instead of SWITCH.

Custom drive mode added with success. :)
Your comment was very usefull. I was finally able to access IPC to enable costume drive mode and APIM to remove Sirius and add climate controls to the display. Thank you very much!

421 - 437 of 437 Posts