Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
313 Posts
I noticed that the values:

7D-01-01 APIC xxxx xxxx xxx* and 7D-01-02 APIC xxxx x3xx xxxx

are different than what is posted within this thread: http://www.focusrs.org/forum/30-focus-rs-electronics/99418-how-get-climate-controls-sync-3-forscan.html any idea whom is correct?
For what feature? What post exactly you referencing to? See below.
7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx xxx* is not one you should need to or want to change.
7D0-01-02 xxxx x3xx xxxx is correct to enable climate control in sync 3

The first post has errors and all those APIC should be APIM and 7D should be 7D0

---------
7D0-01-02: xxxx x7xx xxxx -> (7 -> 3) this adds the climate control settings to sync 3 & enables climate voice control. Recirc and AC and other controls under a menu when you press A/C

7D0-04-01: xxxx xxx1 xxxx -> (1 -> 0) this adds the set climate driver and passenger temps to the top bar on sync 3

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Original post has been updated to fix some errors and some minor updates.
If anyone finds errors and has updates let me know so I can keep the original post as accurate as possible.

I understand it is 7D0 not 7D but kept the 2 digits for simplicity of the post. (Fixed)
@xd-data-ii thanks for the comments.

EDIT: fixed some and added some 4-3-2018

·
Registered
125 Posts
For what feature? What post exactly you referencing to? See below.
7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx xxx* is not one you should need to or want to change.
7D0-01-02 xxxx x3xx xxxx is correct to enable climate control in sync 3

The first post has errors and all those APIC should be APIM and 7D should be 7D0

---------
7D0-01-02: xxxx x7xx xxxx -> (7 -> 3) this adds the climate control settings to sync 3 & enables climate voice control. Recirc and AC and other controls under a menu when you press A/C

7D0-04-01: xxxx xxx1 xxxx -> (1 -> 0) this adds the set climate driver and passenger temps to the top bar on sync 3
Thanks so much for the help! When you say that it "adds the set climate driver and passenger temps to the top bar on sync 3" what does this mean? Does this place the button on the sync 3 ribbon?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks so much for the help! When you say that it "adds the set climate driver and passenger temps to the top bar on sync 3" what does this mean? Does this place the button on the sync 3 ribbon?
Yes it will put the temperatures at the top ribbon.

AA-climate1.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just got home from work and continue to get an error Incorrect Checksum whenever I click WRITE for 7D0-01-02 xxxx x3xx xxxx, is this correct? I watched some Youtube videos and I never see this error.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Just got home from work and continue to get an error Incorrect Checksum whenever I click WRITE for 7D0-01-02 xxxx x3xx xxxx, is this correct? I watched some Youtube videos and I never see this error.
Check the link included by @seniorgeek

It's because you're changing the value of the line, invalidating the checksum (last character?). FORSCAN will automatically fix it.

I did pretty much the above procedure to get turn-by-turn directions on my IPC, before I found that there is an option in the GUI To do this. The way I did it added climate control on my MFT, which I didn't want, so I went back to my backups and used the GUI option.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Check the link included by @seniorgeek

It's because you're changing the value of the line, invalidating the checksum (last character?). FORSCAN will automatically fix it.

I did pretty much the above procedure to get turn-by-turn directions on my IPC, before I found that there is an option in the GUI To do this. The way I did it added climate control on my MFT, which I didn't want, so I went back to my backups and used the GUI option.
WOW! I feel like a moron. All is answered in that link. I feel so dumb

·
Registered
125 Posts
Got it to work. Thanks again so much. I only changed the one field 7D0-01-02: xxxx x7xx xxxx -> (7 -> 3).

Also I went into the bdy non as-built files, does anyone know what the Steering Wheels levels are for? It has DEFAULT, LEVEL 1, LEVEL 2, and LEVEL 3. I have always wanted the steering wheel heat a bit warmer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
SBL?

Thanks a lot guys for puting this together!:tiphat:

While trying to access BdyCM Module configuration I get this screen in FORScan. I chickened out and clicked cancel(which made a click and caused the dash lights to cycle:confused3:). Is there a file for the RS that I need to download to satisfy the SBL? Or do I simply click OK and let it do its thing?

SBLc.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
This thread is for all FORScan mods that work on the RS. I will be posting more modules as I have time to check the validity of each change.
Please post any additions you have tried and verified that work. I will add them to this post. When I finish with all the modules. I will post a link to the completed spreadsheet.
This thread will replace my other related thread.

This is the APIM module with "AsBuilt" mods available. As you can see these all have been tested.
I make no claims that these will work for you and will not be responsible for any modification you do. Use at your own risk.

EDIT: For complete instructions on using FORscan download this document and read it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...gF1wxIqxY/edit

AddressModuleValue FunctionNotesvisual noticeWorks?
17D0-01-01APIM*xxxxxxxxxxxRemoves Sirius from audio sources (decrement your value where the asterisk is by 2; if you have an "A" make it "8", if you have "2" make it "0")yesyes
27D0-01-02APIM*xxxxxxxxxxxSony Sound ProcessorA=enabled, 2=disablednoyes
37D0-01-03APIMxxxxxxxxxx*xHeated and cooled seats Icon on Home screen2 = enabled (Sync3 only)yesno
47D0-01-04APIM*xxxxxxxxx*xHeated, cooled seats and heated steering wheel on home screen6 = enabled (Sync3 only)yesno
57D0-01-05APIMxxxxxxxxx*xxHeated Sterring Wheel & Heated Seats3=Heated Seats only, 4=HSW climate screen only, 7=HSW & Heated Seats, 0=Noneyesno
67D0-01-06APIMxx*xxxxxxxxxStereo Extended PlayStereo Extended Play: A=off, 2=20mins, 3=30mins, 4=40mins, 5=50mins, 6=60mins (Sync 2 & Sync 3)noyes
77D0-01-07APIM*xxxxxxxxxxxAux Input & Volumn Knob Display0=Audio Only & Rotary volume, 8=Audio & Video & Rotary volume, 1=Audio Only & Horizontal volumenoyes
87D0-01-08APIMxxxxx*xxxxxx5=AII not present & IT push button start & Fader enabled, 4=AII not present & IT key start & Fader enabled, 1=AII present & IT push button start & Fader enabled, 0=AII present & IT key start & Fader enabled, 9=AII present & IT push button start & Fader disabled, 8=AII present & IT key start & Fader disabled. (RS Default=5)yesyes
97D0-01-09APIMxxxxxxxxxxx*Climate Front Zone & HD Radio3=Dual Zone & HD radio avail, 2=Dual Zone & HD radio not avail, 7=Single Zone & HD radio avail, 6=Single Zone & HD radio not avail
107D0-01-10APIMxxxxxxxx*xxxRadio Tuner Market2=non RDS Market (NA), 3=RDS Market (EUR,APA,SA) (RS Default 8 = USA)
117D0-01-02APIMxxxxx*xxxxxxClimate controls3= Adds climate buttton and climte voice conrolsyesyes
127D0-01-02APIM*xxxxxxxxxxxBrand0=Ford, 8=Lincoln, C=Configurable Splash Screen
137D0-01-02APIM0xxxxxxxxxxxSync3 New Blue ThemeMustang GT Performance boot animation (change all 3 locations)yesyes
147D0-02-01APIMxxxxxDxxxxxx
157D0-03-01APIMxxxxx4xxxxxx
167D0-01-02APIMx*xxxxxxxxxxUSB2A=enabled (HMI will be enabled), 2=not enabled (HMI will be not be enabled)noyes
177D0-02-01APIM5753xxxxxxxxAllows NAV in motion on Sync 3 v2.2-3.0, viewing text messages & Sirius Travel Link still works. ** 911 assist will be disabled with this enabled ***Problematic* may or may not workyes?
187D0-02-01APIMx*xxxxxxxxxxNav in motion7= turns on Nav in Motion
197D0-02-01APIMxxxxxxx*xxxxCamera views by style1=sedan, 2=coupe/convertible, 3=truck, 4=SUV/CUV, 5=van, 6=hatchback(RS default)noyes
207D0-02-01APIMxxxxx9xxxxxxBoot screenGT350 boot screen animation ** Sync 3 only ** (Red snake)yesyes
217D0-02-01APIMxxxxx7xxxxxxBoot screenGT350 boot screen animation ** Sync 3 only ** (silver snake)yesyes
227D0-02-01APIMxxxxx6xxxxxxBoot screenMustang boot screen animation ** Sync 3 only **yesyes
237D0-02-01APIMxxxxx5xxxxxxBoot screenMustang boot screen animation ** Sync 3 only **
247D0-02-01APIMxxxxx4xxxxxxBoot screenLicoln Presidential boot screen animation ** Sync 3 only **yesyes
257D0-02-01APIMxxxxx3xxxxxxBoot screenLincoln Black Labelyesyes
267D0-02-01APIMxxxxxBxxxxxxBoot screenST Ford Performance boot screen animation ** Sync 3 v3.0 **yesyes
277D0-02-01APIMxxxxxDxxxxxxBoot screenGT Ford Performance boot screen animation ** Sync 3 v3.0 **yesyes
287D0-02-01APIMxxxxx5xxxxxxBoot screenRaptor boot screen amination **Sync3 3.0 only**
297D0-02-01APIMxxxxxExxxxxxBoot screenContientalyesyes
307D0-02-02APIM*xxxxxxxxxxxList Browser0=NAV & Media, 1=NAV only, 2=none (RS default=0)yesyes
317D0-02-02APIMx*xxxxxxxxxxOutside Air Temperature HMI0=off, 2=on (RS default=2)yesyes
327D0-02-02APIMxxxxx*xxxxxxVisual Design Variants0=Ford Classic, 1=Ford Timeless, 2=Lincoln Timeless, 3=Lincoln Next, 4=Ford New Blue GT yesyes
337D0-02-01APIMxxxxxDxxxxxx(change both locations)
347D0-03-01APIMxxxxx2xxxxxxLincoln Brown ThemeLincoln brown theme (Sync 3) Change both locations)yesyes
357D0-01-02APIM8xxxxxxxxxxx
367D0-03-01APIMxxxxxxx2xxDDMenu color highlightsChanges highlighted menu choice to different colors (Audio, Climate, Phone, Nav, Apps, Settings) from the standard blue yesyes
377D0-04-01APIMx*xxxxxxxxxxAudio Player0=No Media, 1=CD/MP3, 2=CD Changer MP3, 3=DVD MP3, 4=CD Harddrive (RS default=3)
387D0-04-01APIMxx****xxxxxxBluetooth Audio Profile Index(RS default = 0100 1301 02F3)no?
397D0-04-01APIMxxxxxxx*xxxxClimate 0=enable Climate Control Repeater for Dual Climate Control, 1=disable CCR, 2=enable CCR for Single Climate Control, 3=disable CCR, 4=E8 Program (RS default=1) yesyes
407D0-04-01APIMxxxxxxxx**xxBluetooth Pairing Name2D=Raptor, 0E=F150, 0F=F250, 10=F350, 19=MKZ, 02=Focus, 03=Fusion, 04=C-Max, 06=Mustang, 08=Escape, 09=Edge, 24=Mondeo, 0B=Explorer, 20=Fiesta, 1B=MKC, 2E=Continental, 1C=MKX, 1E=Navigator, 0C=Expedition (RS default=02)noyes
417D0-07-01APIMxxxx**xxxxxxPower Efficiency(RS default=33)no?
427D0-07-01APIM**xxxxxxxxxxVehicle Weight(RS default=0E)no?
437D0-07-03APIMxxxxxx**xxxxTire Circumference(RS default=67) Adjust when changing tire sizenoyes
AsBuilt Codes that I have no modification data for at this time
7D0-02-03APIM
7D0-05-01APIM
7D0-05-02APIM
7D0-06-01APIM
7D0-07-02APIM****xxxxxxxxInstall Angle of APIM for Accelerometer X(RS default = 0000)?
7D0-07-02APIMxxxx****xxxxInstall Angle of APIM for Accelerometer Y(RS default = 1356)?
7D0-07-02APIMxxxxxxxx**xxInstall Angle of APIM for Accelerometer Z(RS default = 00)?
7D0-07-03APIM**xxxxxxxxxx
7D0-07-04APIM
SeniorGeek....do you know if this would work for us?

·
Registered
125 Posts

While trying to access BdyCM Module configuration I get this screen in FORScan. I chickened out and clicked cancel(which made a click and caused the dash lights to cycle:confused3:). Is there a file for the RS that I need to download to satisfy the SBL? Or do I simply click OK and let it do its thing?

View attachment 282762
I did the same thing!!! I chickened out. I just went to the non ASBUILT file then. Haha

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Guys, let the "secondary boot loader" continue. You will need the results to make many changes. It makes all the controls go funky while it is loading but then you have all the BCM options.

Remember SAVE your current configuration before doing anything!

I know it is scary the first time but after many times it will just be routine.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
SeniorGeek....do you know if this would work for us?
It can be configured in the IPC module. I am working on that module now. I will post all the changes when finished.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

View attachment 282762
Totally normal! Your IPC will also freak out saying things like brake level low, service engine soon, etc while all the modules are loading. A little nerve-wracking the first time.

After you write to a module, your computer will also throw a bunch of codes (loss of comms with written module) but I haven't had a CEL. I clear the codes, which has the side benefit of killing stop-start because it resets the emissions status.

The first time you access these modules you'll have to download files...follow the on-screen instructions and in the google doc linked by @seniorgeek with regards how to get the files and where to put them.

ForSCAN also expects that you follow the on-screen prompts like recycling the ACC power so make sure to do that. I've also read that guys have used ForSCAN with the engine running (really bad idea), which has lead to the car thinking it's been in an accident.

Good luck, and enjoy the car with how it should have been delivered from the factory.

21 - 40 of 467 Posts