Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't like the flat black finish of the forged wheels with the shadow black. Went metallic bronze with clear vision overtop. Came out a shade darker than I was hoping, but ordering colours off the Internet leaves a bit of guessing. Overall enjoying the subtle change.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
I didn't like the flat black finish of the forged wheels with the shadow black. Went metallic bronze with clear vision overtop. Came out a shade darker than I was hoping, but ordering colours off the Internet leaves a bit of guessing. Overall enjoying the subtle change.
That looks good!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Love it!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Very subtle and cool looking! I like the darker shade with the black, gives the RS an very sophisticated look while still being aggressive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I personally find the non forged wheels a bit to ordinary in their design.. mine is a Canadian car and as such every RS sold up here comes with both sets of wheels. I couldn't wait to take those winter wheels off this spring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahh I'm personally not worried about heat issues. Of course I'm not an expert but I do know the factory finish appears to be a powder coat (very difficult to remove). I think the forged wheels will hold up fine. I live in pothole central so I'll let you know how they hold up. I've heard the cracked wheel stories but I feel if it was really an issue it would be more widely known by now with the millions of powder coated wheels out there. All I've seen is stories, usually looks like "I knew a guy who's wheel broke in half" eye roll..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was just talking with my buddy about this today. Boy those look great. Very race looking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts