1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
602 Posts
I heard about this today from a co-worker. Once they go to Matt Damon I said “Dang, too bad, that might of been a decent movie”.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I heard about this today from a co-worker. Once they go to Matt Damon I said “Dang, too bad, that might of been a decent movie”.
I was thinking the same thing. We ran out of time for Matt Damon today...Ford and Ferrari my two favorite car brands and one of them I have never owned and will probably never own!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,032 Posts
Edsel Ford II is kinda upset about the portrayal Henry Ford II, Hank the Deuce, in this upcoming movie.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Most of those "based on real life event" movies are losely base on facts.

he should not be too upset.

·
Super Moderator
16,032 Posts
Most of those "based on real life event" movies are losely base on facts.

he should not be too upset.
What I find disturbing is Edsel is skipping the premiere based on the trailer and not first seeing the movie.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
???

Wow, at least see it first before complaining.

Trailers are really short to judge a movie.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Matt Damon as Carroll Shelby = casting fail. Smaller than life.

Kinda cool, though, for Alex Gurney to play his father.

·
Super Moderator
16,032 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,032 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
I agree. It had an “old school Hollywood” feel with good guys and bad guys and somewhat contrived drama (locking the guy in the office). But it was still great. Not to mention the race scenes which were excellent.
I especially liked the race at Willow at the beginning, having driven the RS on that same track.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The GT40 replica from the movie just sold at the Mecum Auction in Kissimmee FL the other night!

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Saw it at the end of November on a business trip, was happy to be able to see it in English where I was at.

I was disappointed in only one thing is how they barely showed the car’s development. I mean design and prototype phase before they start driving/testing. But I’m an engineer so that explains why I would have loved to see more of that! Plus it would have been a 5 hours movie by then!

Otherwise it was great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Saw it at the end of November on a business trip, was happy to be able to see it in English where I was at.

I was disappointed in only one thing is how they barely showed the car’s development. I mean design and prototype phase before they start driving/testing. But I’m an engineer so that explains why I would have loved to see more of that! Plus it would have been a 5 hours movie by then!

Otherwise it was great!
Give the book Go Like Hell a read, it goes into way more detail and covers a bunch more stuff. The movie kinda skipped a whole year of development, it was a Lola made chassis and they brought in Carol Shelby after the first year of poor finishes.

Enjoyed the movie though, even the wife liked it and she isn't a big car person.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Give the book Go Like Hell a read, it goes into way more detail and covers a bunch more stuff. The movie kinda skipped a whole year of development, it was a Lola made chassis and they brought in Carol Shelby after the first year of poor finishes.

Enjoyed the movie though, even the wife liked it and she isn't a big car person.
Actually had the book on order when I went to watch the movie. Initially wanted to read the book before watching the movie but it was taking forever to ship!

Got it last week and started it this week, already at chapter 5 and enjoying it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts