Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone catch this article on a possible Ford Taurus RS?

Late last year, Ford dropped a bombshell on its performance crowd – 12 hot new performance cars set to arrive between now and 2020 on a global scale… good news indeed. Since the announcement, the Blue Oval has unveiled its next-gen Raptor F-150, Ford GT supercar, Shelby GT350 (GT350R), and Ford Focus RS.

That still leaves quite a few unknowns in the equation, which begs the question, what else can Ford fans expect? If the rendering wizards at X-Tomi Design had their way, the world could be looking at a hotter-than-hot Ford Taurus RS sedan (pictured above).

The latest version of Ford’s longstanding Taurus nameplate debuted this week at China’s Shanghai Auto Show, donating its sharp lines and styling to the RS render. Ford notes that this longer-wheelbase version was developed specifically for the Chinese market, and made no indication it could be US bound. Various industry rumors suggest its new styling will, however.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ford hasn't even figured out if they will have a Taurus anymore, they've flip-flopped back on forth on killing it off. Last I heard was a mid cycle refresh Taurus for China and no Taurus at all in the US.

Taurus is way too big. If Ford doesn't even want to sell a Taurus in the US anymore, why would they ever consider an RS? And RS is a very European sport division with a long heritage. The Taurus is the antithesis of a European sport sedan, big fat heavy bloated car. The Fusion is now the size of an old Taurus. The taurus is irrelevant and it's sale show that.

Now a Fusion RS with the Focus RS drivetrain.... maybe, but to be honest I don't know why they would do that. Fusion ST I would think might be more likely if the fusion were to get a Ford Performance model at all...

That rendering strikes me as something a private design studio does simply to get press. Ever heard of "X-Tomi Design"? neither had anyone else, but now that some guy spent more time rendering a dumb idea than the 30 seconds of googling it would have taken to see how absurd his idea is, you know their name. Renderings are cheap easy clickbait for small companies to get noticed. Some of the car news websites pull the same BS, publishing some outlandish headline as clickbait to get ad revenue.

I tend to get very skeptical and cynical about all these "design renderings" you see on cars that haven't been confirmed yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got to love Ford sometimes. Taurus? Nah, we don't need it, it's way too big! Ranger? Nope, you US guys can't have that either because it's way too small. Makes no sense...

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
Ugly as sin and totally unrealistic. I expect we will see some other ST models, but doubtful on other RS models, except maybe a Fiesta.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts