Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone this is for any California shoppers out there, I'm wondering if anyone ordered their RS from Ford store Morgan hill and if so how was the buying experience? Out of the dozen or so dealers Ive called this is the only one that claims they were out of allocations (had 6) because they sold them at msrp. I just want to know since pretty much every other dealer I contacted has allocations left but at adm, so I was thinking of puting a non allocated order in with this dealer not really caring how long I have to wait. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes, they sell it at MSRP. I didn't get one from them because there were some people in front of me even i contact them at Mid March. On Oct 6th, The sales guy did keep contact with me and he said he will put in an order for me at MSRP, but can't garntee one before too many people. After a few days Oct 9th, he contacted me that they sold out and unfortunately i wasn't one of the 6 .

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I don't know of anyone who has purchased there, but there are a lot of people buying that don't populate the forums. Still, I would have expected one or two of the six to be represented here. Odd...
Jim

·
Registered
878 Posts
I didn't get one from them [...] even i contact them at Mid March.
Geh. May I request speculations on how early to submit a deposit for MY2017?

I.e., I received an e-mail from Serramonte Ford in Daly City that July would be about right.

Any recommendations for earlier or later, depending on how the post-media Test Drive reporting either builds or dampens any additional feeding frenzy?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think 4th of July would be a good weekend because the sales guys are trying to hit some goals. I would think though magazine reviews will just add to the demand but hopefully ford doesn't do the allocations thing again. Imabe if Ford just built what people ordered plus maybe a few thousand for the dealers that sell the most. We all Could have just found one dealer that sells at msrp and they would have sold 30-40 each for actually being pretty legit.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I think 4th of July would be a good weekend because the sales guys are trying to hit some goals. I would think though magazine reviews will just add to the demand but hopefully ford doesn't do the allocations thing again. Imabe if Ford just built what people ordered plus maybe a few thousand for the dealers that sell the most. We all Could have just found one dealer that sells at msrp and they would have sold 30-40 each for actually being pretty legit.
Would be nice if Ford just did this and put an end to all this BS. They've said in the past that they will build to demand in 2017 so we'll see.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Would be nice if Ford just did this and put an end to all this BS. They've said in the past that they will build to demand in 2017 so we'll see.
I seriously doubt the RS will ever be a full production car. Unfortunately I think we will see the same next year also

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I seriously doubt the RS will ever be a full production car. Unfortunately I think we will see the same next year also
Well, building to demand in 2017 for customer orders isn't really making it a full production car. They've said the factory is tooled to build to demand. All they have to do is build 15k cars MAX to fulfill the US market and everyone that is willing to pay MSRP for one can have one.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well, building to demand in 2017 for customer orders isn't really making it a full production car. They've said the factory is tooled to build to demand. All they have to do is build 15k cars MAX to fulfill the US market and everyone that is willing to pay MSRP for one can have one.
True

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm getting mine from TFSMH. I get all my cars from them. Great group of folks and zero BS.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
@fuhrius - Did they want any dealer markup (ADM) for your RS?

Jim

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're the only dealer within 100 miles of me that sold their 6 allocations for msrp. The guy said they had a list of names 7 or 8 month before their allocations were given. I'm in the process of seeing if they will order me a non allocated zero option stealth grey RS. The internet manager and general manager didn't know you could put in a order so he's going to check with his ordering guy.

·
Registered
400 Posts
They're the only dealer within 100 miles of me that sold their 6 allocations for msrp. The guy said they had a list of names 7 or 8 month before their allocations were given. I'm in the process of seeing if they will order me a non allocated zero option stealth grey RS. The internet manager and general manager didn't know you could put in a order so he's going to check with his ordering guy.

like I said. zero bs.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I know this is a zombie resurrection on the thread - but given the audience. Been working with the Ford Store Morgan Hill - Marco Canas service manager, on my PTU leak. FINALLY fixed completely. It took two new PTUs, two new sets of seals, and a new half shaft to finally get there, but inspected it today and it is perfect. Bone dry everywhere. He was always no BS, got parts fast, gave me a free loaner every time. Definitely will be continuing to service there other than my DIY oil/filter change stuff. Yes a PIA, but finally done. Never got the car back dirty, or with mystery road test mileage, etc. The ONLY negatives I had was (i) the frustration of it not getting fixed right away, but I am pretty sure Ford service hotline has finally figured out how to advise their teams on this properly and (ii) one of my front brake air deflectors was broken after the first repair attempt. But I can't tell for sure if they broke it, or it got trashed during my winter driving runs up to Tahoe. It was a hell of a year for rough road conditions up there and it could easily have taken an ice chunk hit. My undertray did not survive it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Morgan Hill Ford Store is great.Eli is a great salesman.Kept in contract with me regularly while I was waiting for my RS.Yes it is true they do not mark up there price on the RS.I payed what the sticker said.Great dealer to do business with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts