Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a bit early, but is anyone considering purchasing the Ford Service plan at the same time as the car?

When I bought my Ford Fusion it was only $1700, and after 2 years I had over $2k worth of service done, and I'm still covered for 2 more years.

Does anyone have info on the service plan pricing for the RS?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
mcrcracer,

Usually, 90% of the time, service plans are like an insurance policy and favor the Car dealer. You are one of the 10% where it has paid.

It sounds like you had fairly major problems. Would you care to elaborate.

Having said that, I got some kind of extended plan on my 2013 Ford Focus St,ST3

I took made an appointment and took my car in 10/13/2015 to get the latest software upgrade ( mine was not showing ST) and a door lock TSB. So I was going to wait Ha Ha. After 2 hours they said my extend plan covered a rental. So I had a free rental car for 2 days while they did a software upgrade/TSB and need to find another Ford a TSB; might need to find another Ford dealer for service.

Having said all that, I might consider a service plan for the RS, which if all goes well I plan to keep for a long time. :) Especially with "Launch Control" :D

So does anyone have the ballpark cost ? Maybe a Ford rep can speak on what a Shelby or GT350, GT350R service plans costs for an approximate idea.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
a lil fyi, you do not need to buy the service plan from the dealer you get the car from.
If someone is interested in extended warranty I highly recommend you call around to various dealerships to get the best price. The price is far from firm.
In a nutshell, the extended crap is what makes the financial guys an extra shekel, they will want maximum dollars for it, but its fully negotiable.

·
Registered
434 Posts
On that same note, what does a service plan cost for changing oil? I wonder if the RS will have lower milage between oil changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ditto with @eyedreamt - same dealership.

May not be under MSRP, but it's the best deal I've found.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will probably get the same extended warranty my local credit union offers. I've purchased it from them on my mazdaspeed3 and they covered the cost to have the stock turbo replaced when it started smoking on me. My car was modded and they replaced it with no problem. Not only did they cover the cost of replacement, but they allowed to get a non oem turbo so I seeked the opportunity to updgrade to a better turbo. That warranty is called Route 66.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Don't know much about warranties. All I ever hear is "don't get the dealer extended warranty." That said, I would like to know what combination would be cheapest and most effective in the long run

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
1st MY car, definitely going with the extended warranty.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
No extended warranty here.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I'm toying with the idea. I can get really good deals on the ones we sell at our dealer. I am leaning towards the Ford one though, as the more you buy from a dealer the less they care what is done to your car. The good news is that this is not something you have to do right away, just it is best before your warranty runs out as you will get the best coverage for the least amount of money. I don't drive a lot, my ST is almost 3 years old and I just hit 21K. The RS is going to be a hard vehicle to beat say 3 years down the road and I want to upgrade, unless there is another RS out by then I'm going to have to stick with the one I got.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I plan to keep the RS forever (for me, if I make 5 years that is the same as forever :D ) and I am seriously considering the Ford extended warranty.

You see I was going to keep the ST 'forever" : Close to my perfect car: 6-speed manual, hatchback, performance, decent mpg, HID lights, decent stereo, race red color.

I mean what more could you want ?? except maybe AWD ( don't like the ST under hard acceleration especially in a low speed turn) and more power.

So RS long-term - probably should look at long term warranty.

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - Do you know the definition of enough power? (1) 10% more than you have now (2) add power (3) go back to 1

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 86 Posts