Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
589 Posts
Looks very nice! I love the RS shift knob.

How are you liking the RS so far? How’s it drive in normal mode when commuting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looks very nice! I love the RS shift knob.

How are you liking the RS so far? How’s it drive in normal mode when commuting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tbh I’m in sport mode most of the time... gotta have my pops!!

And I LOVE this car. The tech works great(sync 3 and Apple car functions) and it definitely gives the feedback I enjoy as a driver. I will say I’m sad my hatch struts are busted right now; but so far I am completely elated with my choice. Stop waiting and doooooo eeeeet!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I 'm in the middle of installing my FP short shifter. Having an issue with one of the panel clips. Sucker will not allow the instrument panel center finish panel to be removed. Any suggestions on how to get the panel off? Got the shifter installed but can't get the floor console upper finish panel back on without the instrument panel center finish panel removed. It's just one panel clip, heat maybe? It's the top clip on the left out of the four clips. One F'n clip holding me hostage.

Vehicle Plant Personal luxury car Automotive design Satellite radio

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
I 'm in the middle of installing my FP short shifter. Having an issue with one of the panel clips. Sucker will not allow the instrument panel center finish panel to be removed. Any suggestions on how to get the panel off? Got the shifter installed but can't get the floor console upper finish panel back on without the instrument panel center finish panel removed. It's just one panel clip, heat maybe? It's the top clip on the left out of the four clips. One F'n clip holding me hostage.

View attachment 356791

@Si2RS , @Crystals

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts

View attachment 356791
use a plastic pry tool to wedge in there and pop it off. those clips will make you think you're gonna break something. just go for it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
All the others popped off with a little tug. I'm using the panel tools to remove them, It's just this one. Not sure why this one is not popping off. Getting to the point where I might just go for it and order a replacement panel.

·
Registered
133 Posts

View attachment 356791
That’s odd. The middle ones were the pain in the ass for me. I even broke the middle-right one. The other three hold it in place easily, though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got it without too much damage to the clip. Had to stack a couple of my panel tools to get more leverage then used way too much force than should be necessary.
Now I have the same issue with my CF knob as some others posted about. It screws down well past the reverse lockout before it get tight. That's something I can work on another day, need to help with Christmas decorations or face my wife's wrath for the holidays.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,507 Posts
Got it without too much damage to the clip. Had to stack a couple of my panel tools to get more leverage then used way too much force than should be necessary.
Now I have the same issue with my CF knob as some others posted about. It screws down well past the reverse lockout before it get tight. That's something I can work on another day, need to help with Christmas decorations or face my wife's wrath for the holidays.
I remember the first time taking that little airbag jewel trim bezel off was a total nightmare. Then, before installing my Euro Qi charging cubby, I found this video (skip to 0:50):
Using the plastic trim tool method in that video made it SO much easier!
Gear shift Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Plant

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the post, they made it look so easy. That is not the experience I had trying to get that little panel pulled off.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I remember the first time taking that little airbag jewel trim bezel off was a total nightmare. Then, before installing my Euro Qi charging cubby, I found this video (skip to 0:50):
Woah...That m'fer made that look waaaay too easy...I remember sweating and cursing at that thing for a good half hour!

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,507 Posts
Woah...That m'fer made that look waaaay too easy...I remember sweating and cursing at that thing for a good half hour!
Right?! I mean, it wasn't that easy, but still a helluva lot easier than it was the first time where I was doing the same sweating and cursing as you. Maybe it was because it was the second time I took it out? Who knows...

·
Registered
974 Posts
I swear, every tutorial and explainer always says something along the lines of "just pop this impossible to pry off without breaking plastic bit," and "simply unscrew this impossible to reach screw," or whatever other flavor word you want to use. It's all bullshit, like online recipes - no, it takes longer than 20 minutes to bake a cake. Lies!

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,507 Posts
I swear, every tutorial and explainer always says something along the lines of "just pop this impossible to pry off without breaking plastic bit," and "simply unscrew this impossible to reach screw," or whatever other flavor word you want to use. It's all bullshit, like online recipes - no, it takes longer than 20 minutes to bake a cake. Lies!
Yeah. I'm convinced they already have those parts "prepped" and ready to just be popped off. I hate that. Show the real struggle so people like us know we're not just incompetent fools!

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Yeah. I'm convinced they already have those parts "prepped" and ready to just be popped off. I hate that. Show the real struggle so people like us know we're not just incompetent fools!
Nah, you just get a couple of seconds of struggling then hard cut to the part already popped off and them saying "ya, you just pop this off and then you're done" as you notice that it is now dark when the video started in day time

21 - 40 of 41 Posts