The good news is that the RS will have "Zero Lift". Getting a higher top speed just requires more power, but aero tunning and being stable at that speed is the hard part. Lucky for you that is taken care of regardless of top speed
The guy on the NASIOC that is testing it said it got to just a bit shy of 160. That was fully loaded to 4000 LBs with equipment, roll cage, full fuel load, and two passengers, and it was also ~95°F ambient. He also said it was stable at that speed, but noisy and it burned through a full tank at that speed in 30 minutes .
I'll be on the way to Carlisle tomorrow. Definitely looking forward to seeing the FoRS that's expected to be there. My question is when will we see an actual Steath Gray and not a Euro 2015 FoST? I remember seeing a clay modeled alleged Stealth Gray but nothing photowise seen on the streets doing testing.(BTW, NDA: non-disclosure agreements....suck)
DITTO and anything about what will standard (above and beyond ST) and optional. Since they are limiting to only four colors and none very flashy ( maybe Nitro Blue and exception, if you like Nitro Blue) will there be any striping or other graphics options?
1) What is the expected service life of the AWD clutches? I was told (on another forum) that the AWD system is being designed to meet Ford's expected life of the car. Basically, the concern here is that the clutches operate by friction (even if it's wet friction with the lubricating oil) and friction material will get worn away over time. How long before the clutches need servicing, and will it be easy enough to service?
2) Will there be a Ford Racing tune for the car, or a Ford-sponsored upgrade package (ex. from Mountune)?
3) How free-flowing are the intake and exhaust systems? (basically, is there any point to buying aftermarket if the OEM parts are already as good, or better, right from the factory)
4) Was there anything done to address carbon buildup on direct injection engines? (will we still need to run an AOS / catchcan?)
5) Which 18" wheels will fit over the brembos? (winter wheel setup - for example, will the Focus ST 18" wheels definitely fit?)
Trying to get the word out for the 2nd Annual ST takeover at the Tail of the Dragon event on 25-27 September 2015.
Check out the link below from our sister site for more info:
2015 2nd Annual ST Takeover at the Tail of the Dragon
The first run was great, looking to do a bigger run this year...
Hey guys and gals,
I'm looking to make a handout for the Tail of the Dragon takeover this year but I don't have the right high dollar CAD software to make what I want. I'm guessing CAE with a sheet metal function is all that is necessary.
Down to the request:
Can one of the many CAD-savvy...