Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hope to hear some new info. I wonder if they have come up with a HP number yet vs the above 315 we've been hearing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You'll have to let us know everything you find out! I'll be at Carlisle, but obviously not at the roundtable.

Tappin with my Galaxy S6

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be on the show field from open to close on Saturday. My car won't be on the field this year but I'll be making the rounds. Will report out as much as they may have us sign a NDA

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm wanting to know Top Speed since I like to run the Mile or Magnum Mile events. I'm hoping it is at least 167 MPH.
174 MPH would be a dream come true!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I'm wanting to know Top Speed since I like to run the Mile or Magnum Mile events. I'm hoping it is at least 167 MPH.
The good news is that the RS will have "Zero Lift". Getting a higher top speed just requires more power, but aero tunning and being stable at that speed is the hard part. Lucky for you that is taken care of regardless of top speed :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The guy on the NASIOC that is testing it said it got to just a bit shy of 160. That was fully loaded to 4000 LBs with equipment, roll cage, full fuel load, and two passengers, and it was also ~95°F ambient. He also said it was stable at that speed, but noisy and it burned through a full tank at that speed in 30 minutes ;).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I want to know starting price and power!

Tappin with my Galaxy S6

·
Super Moderator
15,325 Posts
I'll be on the way to Carlisle tomorrow. Definitely looking forward to seeing the FoRS that's expected to be there. My question is when will we see an actual Steath Gray and not a Euro 2015 FoST? I remember seeing a clay modeled alleged Stealth Gray but nothing photowise seen on the streets doing testing.(BTW, NDA: non-disclosure agreements....suck)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Get pics under the hood and rear suspension/diff.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looking forward to any & all information you can get!!!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looking forward to any & all information you can get!!!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
DITTO and anything about what will standard (above and beyond ST) and optional. Since they are limiting to only four colors and none very flashy ( maybe Nitro Blue and exception, if you like Nitro Blue) will there be any striping or other graphics options?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you find out how it will be optioned? IE can I get it with everything besides the PSC2 tires and the sun roof. Thanks in advance for your info!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Questions for them:

1) What is the expected service life of the AWD clutches? I was told (on another forum) that the AWD system is being designed to meet Ford's expected life of the car. Basically, the concern here is that the clutches operate by friction (even if it's wet friction with the lubricating oil) and friction material will get worn away over time. How long before the clutches need servicing, and will it be easy enough to service?

2) Will there be a Ford Racing tune for the car, or a Ford-sponsored upgrade package (ex. from Mountune)?

3) How free-flowing are the intake and exhaust systems? (basically, is there any point to buying aftermarket if the OEM parts are already as good, or better, right from the factory)

4) Was there anything done to address carbon buildup on direct injection engines? (will we still need to run an AOS / catchcan?)

5) Which 18" wheels will fit over the brembos? (winter wheel setup - for example, will the Focus ST 18" wheels definitely fit?)

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's the Stealth Gray RS. Saw it today. Sorry for the crappy pic..

Tappin with my Galaxy S6

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
22 Participants
Bluebyutoo
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing