Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Ford Performance promised 12 models by 2020... any news / updates?

12K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Ankah 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Most of you probably remember last year when Ford combined Ford Racing, SVT, and Team RS under one name, Ford Performance. It was at this time they said Ford Performance was going to bring us 12 models by 2020.

Links:
https://social.ford.com/content/for...performance-lineup-poised-for-a-big-year.html
Ford promises 12 new global performance vehicles through 2020 - Autoblog

I haven't heard any updates on this since the announcement... The current Ford Performance line-up is pictured above (Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, Mustang GT350, Raptor, and the almighty GT), which means that Ford still owes us 6 performance vehicles within the next 3-4 years. That just doesn't sound right. For one, we should have heard some announcements of new models by now if Ford plans on meeting that time line. Secondly, I can't even imagine 6 models that could fill in the gaps of Ford Performance's already diverse line-up.... maybe a true roadster? The rumored Fiesta RS? A performance version of the Explorer to compete with the Cherokee SRT? I was surprised to hear that the announced Fusion Sport isn't going to be a part of the Ford Performance line-up.

Anyways, I started this thread to see if anyone else heard any updates on these models. Plus I want to hear what others are predicting the 6 mystery models might be.... Let's hear some speculations!

See less See more
#4 ·
RS500, GT500, and Fiesta RS are the three that I've heard are coming so 3 more to go.

#10 ·
Or just a mule for the GT350 successor. Self-serving interests aside, I really believe the GT350 will be a Boss-like 2-year program. There will definitely be another new Mustang on the horizon that will count toward the tally.

#11 ·
I would love a Fiesta RS and have contemplated building my own many times. The size is a little small but that is the only fault I really have.

The only good thing with the demand for the FoRS is the chance for Ford to make a MK4 RS quicker and they have stated that, before 2020 I doubt it but possible. The Golf R gets up and going pretty quick between models, I think the Golf has had 2 redesigns of the R since the last RS.

#14 ·
Sounds like a very tall order indeed. Prediction: NOT. And having order banks open to order cars in 2020 for delivery in MY 2021 (but still in calendar year 2020 does not count (to me). Considering how long it took the RS to get off the production line and into the wild does not inspire confidence in this 20 Ford Performance Models by 2020 concept.

I'm a fan, but 20 different Ford Performance Models "by 2020" just isn't going to happen. No way, no how... However, I'll be still be driving a 2016 Ford Performance machine in 2020, and loving it...

#18 ·
Just got an email from Ford.... They are extending the GT production for an additional 2 years

#21 ·
gee.. get on the list and hope you get 'invited'. thats my understanding, ford will review your profile and invite you to buy the car if you meet their criteria. and what is the cost? 450 to 500k?

here's what ford should build..

fusion black edition, awd with 3.5 twin turbo ecoboost (same engine as in the raptor). give the porsche twin turbo and nissan gtr some real competition

ranger raptor, smaller version of the raptor with the same 3.5 ecoboost twin turbo

fiesta rs with 2.3 ecoboost motor (same as focus rs) and awd, if not awd then at least torsion limited slip. an awd fiesta with a 2.0+ motor would be the choice of all the performance plus cars, except the GT and i'd have to sell my veyron to be able to afford the gt.

focus rs500

now what i'd really like would be a m-sport street version of the fiesta st with awd, sequential dog box, tunable center diff and ltd slip front and rear...

#22 ·
Id like to see them do a Sport version of the Escape with a manual, and the 2.3L Ecoboost. That would be a fun SUV

#23 ·
This seems like the best thread to revive at the moment. We are in 2020 now, did Ford meet the goal? If so, what were the 12 Ford Performance models you counted.

#25 ·
they dont even come close to matching it, mainly the Foci and Fiesta is gone, and the links to them go to a generic landing page

so far there are only 8, unless they plan to include the Mustang Electric to that bunch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.