Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not really that 'off-topic'...as it's a great indicator of what this new Ford Performance team is capable of.
The GT350R just won R&T's PCOTY award! Against some serious competition.
I have an R coming - should be here by the end of the year - it'll be sort of a big brother for the RS. This news makes me even more jacked to see how good the RS is.

The 2016 Road & Track Performance Car of the Year

·
Registered
262 Posts
This bit has me incredibly excited about the RS exhaust sound:

Let me explain. The only way the team at Ford Performance could get 526 hp from 5.2 liters—the fabled 100 hp per liter and then some—was to reengineer the whole thing into a bit of an insane race motor. So I open the throttle ... and the moment the tach hits about five grand, I hear The Sound.

I firmly believe that when human civilization finally collapses and our descendants are nothing but hipster-bearded cavemen on a quest for fire, stories of The Sound will still be told every night, to frighten children and preserve all that is worth preserving of Western civilization. From generation to generation. "What an engine! What a noise!" says Chilton, in much the same way that human beings will ten, twenty, fifty thousand years from now.

They say that the government has special machines that can emit certain frequencies and make you throw up. I tell you that the Mustang emits certain frequencies that improve your humanity, that force you into a sympathetic resonance, your heart swelling as the needle twists to the final destination. Ahead of me, Webster is unable to pull away. It's Ford versus Ferrari all over again. ("I wasn't trying," he will later say, somewhat petulantly.) The Sound lashes me in waves from beneath the oddly shaped hood, all sperm-whale blunt-faced menace, and I'm reminded of Stubb, the second mate on the Pequod: "Hurrah! This whale carries the everlasting mail!"

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
I'm still sitting here stunned that Road and Track selected a Ford over all of the other heavy hitters in the competition, and a Mustang teaches the rest to mind their manners cause there's a new car in town and it wears an R badge.

I hope to see the same with the FoRS once it's out and on the road.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Despite the unfortunate dealer experiences of more than a fair few desired Focus RS owners, there's no denying that Ford has been cranking out some positively amazing performance vehicles lately. I'm eager to see where Ford Performance goes!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Despite the unfortunate dealer experiences of more than a fair few desired Focus RS owners, there's no denying that Ford has been cranking out some positively amazing performance vehicles lately. I'm eager to see where Ford Performance goes!
Now they need to flush 80 percent of their dealers and start a new network, to match the cars they're turning out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts