Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys UWN here,
So we can talk about the RS all we want but this is an intro right?
Little bit about myself, I'm a young buck out of college for a few years. Been a car guy my whole life, living in Northeast Pennsylvania where the summers are warm and the winters are cold! All wheel drive is not a must but hell it's a cult up here and if you run rear you might as well have two cars, but thats for another discussion at a different time! I been dreaming about STI's and EVO's since as long as I can remember and yeah back in 09 the RS looked like a great car until they said no to us in the states. I was sold on the new 15 STI's until they didn't give us the new FA engine in her but we can always look into the future!?! Anyway, I been researching on this forum for a while and This Ford is looking very promising every time I research more into it! Saw the first four videos for it, which were disappointing only being five minutes long! But back to why we're here, The RS sits perfectly in between the Golf R and the STI. Price is a bit high for someone my age and in general for what you are offered, but come on we don't need it all, you can consider cars such as IS350 F-sport, 435 xi's, not a cedes fan but you can see where I'm heading. I love everyone researching and sharing what they've learned about this car and its competitors, the more photos and videos the better! Just wanted to say hello to the community and hope to share a build with you guys in the future!
-UWN

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would have never dreamed driving a ford until my buddy was shopping for one and I went along with him. I ended up buying the ST and he did not. It put such a smile on my face compared to my VW's and Subaru's. Needles to say now... But I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my "pre" pre order of the RS. I think my face will be fixated with a permanent grin for a while once I get the car ;).

One more thought. The only thing that's disappointed me with the focus ST is the resale value…
I traded in my last WRX it only $1000 less than I paid for it a year later. I took an $8000.00 loss on the ST in two years. It was in perfect shape fully loaded with 9k miles. I think the RS will hold value much better.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I would have never dreamed driving a ford until my buddy was shopping for one and I went along with him. I ended up buying the ST and he did not. It put such a smile on my face compared to my VW's and Subaru's. Needles to say now... But I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my "pre" pre order of the RS. I think my face will be fixated with a permanent grin for a while once I get the car ;).

One more thought. The only thing that's disappointed me with the focus ST is the resale value…
I traded in my last WRX it only $1000 less than I paid for it a year later. I took an $8000.00 loss on the ST in two years. It was in perfect shape fully loaded with 9k miles. I think the RS will hold value much better.

A comment and a question:

Comment - it would be fair to say you VW was not an R or at least a GTI

Question - What did you replace your ST with ?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
196 Posts
You are correct MicCow3. I had lots of GTI's and a WRX. Never a R or STI. And I replaced my 2014 ST with a 2000 Outback with 150k miles!! Love the wagon! ha! it will get me through until the RS comes and hopefully longer.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I wouldn't say I was a Ford hater, but I didn't have much faith in them until the Fusion came out. All of my prior Fords I got for free and they weren't bad, they just weren't anything special.

Now, out of the 3 new cars I'd consider, two are Fords.

·
Registered
108 Posts

I know how you feel on the resale. I have a Cobalt SS turbo and they drop resale like the half life of radiation ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts