Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so disheartened by "loosing" my allocation spot, I figured I would start a thread for some distraction. My buddy just picked up a 2006 Charger Srt8 a few weeks back. All stock except for cat back. I got to drive it, and its fast. Mid range torque is plenty. So what say you RS faithful, will my RS (if I get one) beat his srt in a drag race? I know it will tear him up in the twisties . . .

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Here's your specs to compare against the FoRS:

year:
make:
Dodge
Model:
Charger
price:
$ 35,995
Transmission:
Horsepower @ RPM:
[email protected]
Torque @ RPM:
Displacement:
6059 L
0-60 time:
5 sec.
Top Speed:

The 2.3L looks impressive given the Charger heft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
I find it amusing that both cars have the same top speed, so that's negated.

The 0-60 times for a both in stock form gives the FoRS the edge, especially if running the forged wheels with Michelin Cup tires. (Claims by Ford's PP presentation is even quicker than 4.4 seconds)

As for the 1/4 mile time, I'll have to wait and see until there's no actual real life numbers for the FoRS.

Everything is speculation until someone cracks a 1/4 mile time behind the wheel.

So far when looking on paper, it would appear there could be a replacement for displacement.

The Charger SRT8 cracks 1/4 mile in 13.76 seconds at 103.05 mph and is a 4160lb car.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Honestly, I see the RS running 13 flat in the quarter and should handle his car, unless you race to 140mph. Off the line, he should be looking at your tails, at least until 60-70mph.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I can totally see the charger roasting its tires off line as it panics and tries to keep up with the crazy launch of the RS

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can totally see the charger roasting its tires off line as it panics and tries to keep up with the crazy launch of the RS
I drove it in 50 degree weather and from rolling to 40 or 50 it would light the tires at will. I think traction will be the srt's big issue.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Easy win for the RS here. Set launch control and go. The SRT does have 75 hp on the RS, however with the AWD and being about 750 pound's lighter, gotta give the win to the RS. Charger might be faster 100-topspeed. But on the 1/4 mile, stock for stock it's hard to beat AWD.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wait it out man those chargers are not that fast, i will walk on them all day on a roll in my cobalt. Dig is a different story. However if they're running 13.7 in the quarter I would take it there too as I ran a 13.2 at 110. That being said, if you do get an srt8 you should bump on out to the 392. Those are no joke.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I will be legit considering the Scat Pack, because I haven't driven a new performance car since the original VW R32 and RX-8 were new, and might actually be just a shirtless redneck. It comes in an ill Chernobyl green, sounds absurd, is absurd, and (some) girls like it. Also it is totally awesome in all respects except handling and visibility, and is roughly the RS price.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
One of my good friends owns a srt8, It really is a nice car, from light to light it's not one to scoff at, It can really move for such a big car. My other pal has a 2016 Sti, now that's the one I'm interested in because hes been so cocky about his car! Were gonna have a nice summer, as all of us will be lining up at the track, and will be having a few hooligan cruises. I will keep you guys updated for sure can't wait to line them all up!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was considering one of those green scat packs until I heard about the RS. Hard to argue with nearly 500HP and the looks of the new challenger. It just needs to sit a bit lower and get some fat tires on it. Nothing worse then a big car with skinnies on all 4 corners.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts