Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also should note, looks like it will have hill assist. Never owned a manual car before so note sure if thats something that comes on every standard car these days, but worth noting

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Also should note, looks like it will have hill assist. Never owned a manual car before so note sure if thats something that comes on every standard car these days, but worth noting
It very often does. Have it on my ST. Didn't like it at first but have come to appreciate it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dumb question, but how did you come up with that number or did I just miss it in the article?
Nevermind, keep thinking it's the symbol for the euro...potato moment. So it's 44k then?

Edit, are those prices translating to us or will we see the 35k that was on the Ford website from a few months ago?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I hope its cheaper than this... because this makes me sad:(. View attachment 1205
I wouldn't worry about that part. I'd guess pricing will be just what's been on the interwebs. Sometimes the conversions just aren't scalable.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nevermind, keep thinking it's the symbol for the euro...potato moment. So it's 44k then?

Edit, are those prices translating to us or will we see the 35k that was on the Ford website from a few months ago?
I really doubt they will start with base model at $44,000.For that money as others said,there are better options for almost $50,000. I wouldn't go off it too much.Can someone look up and compare prices of European ST vs. U.S. Based model? I don't have access to computer and don't want to be searching on phone to be honest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those prices are incredible actually. That is exactly what an STi costs in the UK and almost perfectly between what a GTI and a Golf R sticker for. If the same logic applies over in the states, I'm super excited.

An ST-3 runs about £26.3k in the UK for comparison. I'm expecting mid $30s for the RS which sounds awesome.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anyway, cool numbers; not much to deduce from them.
1) it's fast enough, and 2) it's cheap enough.
I do believe it's time to take this thing to a track for some more extensive evaluation, if you catch my drift. That price doesn't make me any less excited, that's for damn sure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It very often does. Have it on my ST. Didn't like it at first but have come to appreciate it.
I turned mine off

Tappin with my Galaxy S6

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
TwoPupsInTheTub
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing