Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
untitled.png

January 19, 2016 By Cars UK

The new Ford Focus RS has already garnered more than 2300 orders in the UK, and buyers are digging deep in the options list too.

The new Ford Focus RS has now gone in to production in Germany, and UK buyers are starting to realistically look forward to the arrival of their new toy. And there’s more of them than Ford realistically expected.

The Focus RS – however appealing – is not a mainstream car, and Ford won’t be expecting it to sell like a Fiesta, but they must be chuffed that there are already more than 2300 buyers for the Focus RS in the UK – an increase of more than 50 per cent in the last three months – a number that is likely to grow further still once the RS starts to hit the road and catches the eye of more potential buyers.

Not only do buyers seem to be queueing up to buy the Focus RS, they’re digging deep to get the exact car they want, which will please Ford’s bean counters.

It seems 89 per cent of buyers are opting for the Luxury Pack (power mirrors, parking sensors, Keyless, Cruise and privacy glass), with the same number forking out for SYNC2 Sat Nav and Premium Sound.

Colour choice seems to have been driven by the launch cars, with 61 per cent opting for Nitrous Blue, but 15 per cent have opted for Frozen White and 10 per cent for Shadow Black. A huge 85 per cent have also opted for blue brake callipers and 19″ black alloys.

Andy Barratt, Ford’s UK MD, said: Care and attention is being given by Focus RS buyers to make sure their car has exactly the desired specification.

More than half of buyers want the most expensive item on the extras list – Recaro RS shell front seats. Most are owners of previous RS models, which were all similarly personalised.

Interestingly, Ford has slightly more orders for the new Mustang – 2,650 – in the UK, although it’s taken the Mustang a year since it went on sale to reach that number.

Ford Focus RS orders in the UK pass 2,300 - and they're big spec cars too

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is that just UK number or for everyone I wonder? If everyone. That 61% NB has to be pushed by the fact that every ADM dealer in California I have talked to ordered that color. However, with 5k plus ADMs all thos allocations are In NB are still unsold, two dealers in my area call my weekly trying to get me to buy lol

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Ford Execs,

I am in the USA. Can you add the "Luxury Pack" option to my RS order. Just pretend mine is a European car and add it please.

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Super Moderator
15,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
418 Posts
There's another article that I posted in the News yesterday that mentions overall numbers with the US included was 3100.

That would seem a bit low but it would appear that everyone is just throwing numbers around.

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/2-news/1912-all-new-ford-focus-rs-pioneers-innovative-awd-performance-technologies.html

I think you mis-read that article. It says there are 3,100 European customers that have ordered.

Looking at the percentage of colour sales that falls right in line with our poll here on the forum regarding colour - or very close - to what we are seeing in North America (we do have some members abroad included as well in that, but it's more or less NA)

·
Super Moderator
15,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you mis-read that article. It says there are 3,100 European customers that have ordered.

Looking at the percentage of colour sales that falls right in line with our poll here on the forum regarding colour - or very close - to what we are seeing in North America (we do have some members abroad included as well in that, but it's more or less NA)
Yeah, the wording got me in that article. (More coffee, please!)

Sales numbers are 3100 for Europe, the numbers for the US market were allegedly limited to 2000, and now I read that a Ford spokesman says they'll build as many as they sale.

I wonder when and if the actual sales numbers will be released.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would be very interested to see a definitive count of RS1 vs. RS2 packages bought in the US. I wonder if more people in the US have purchased the RS1 package which would validate Ford's decision to not bring options like the Luxury Package to the US.

Part of me also thinks that the options or the Luxury Package would have made the RS too expensive in the US, when you consider the already added costs of having to ship/import the cars here. This might also be why it was left off for us.

·
Registered
100 Posts
"Sales numbers are 3100 for Europe, the numbers for the US market were allegedly limited to 2000, and now I read that a Ford spokesman says they'll build as many as they sale."

In the past two days I have had two dealers decline to submit a retail order for me. The last one told me that Ford was not allowing them to even submit an order for an RS. Have the sales for this MY reached capacity?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hope they are very limited in the US as I have one order and that would really help the resale value. I got the RS2 package, alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cul II, with stealth gray so hopefully it's a rare package compared to most

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ford Execs,

I am in the USA. Can you add the "Luxury Pack" option to my RS order. Just pretend mine is a European car and add it please.

YMMV,

MidCow3
I second that request. Honestly kinda dumb that I can get heated but not power-folding mirrors... We're already getting the privacy glass and keyless entry. If that's adaptive cruise control I want that too.

·
Super Moderator
15,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll pass on the SYNC2 that Europe is getting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts