Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS - Stealth Grey RS2 Rebuilt
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for headlights for my RS rebuild project.
I have the option to get my hands on a pair of new SE headlights.
However I cannot find a picture to tell me if the SE headlights will have that LED strip that the original RS headlights have.

Can someone clarify for me?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think the only one that has the LED strip like the RS is the Focus Titanium but if im not mistaken it has halogen head light housing.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
It may just be my eyes, but even the ST LED strips are not as bright as the RS ones. The RS LED eyebrows also seem more diffuses than any of the other focus' lights. One thing I hate about car manufacturers and LED lights is when you can see each individual LED, it looks like a string of white xmas lights. Thankfully the RS doesn't have that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It may just be my eyes, but even the ST LED strips are not as bright as the RS ones. The RS LED eyebrows also seem more diffuses than any of the other focus' lights. One thing I hate about car manufacturers and LED lights is when you can see each individual LED, it looks like a string of white xmas lights. Thankfully the RS doesn't have that.
Base Focus and ST1 headlights aren't diffused the same way ST2/3 and RS headlights are. The facelift ST2/3 and RS share the same exact headlights.

Regarding the original post, Focus SE have halogen housings with the optional LED running light. ST2/3 and RS have HID projector housings with ABL (Volvo name, not sure what Ford calls it).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts