Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"High side had erratic fuel pressure readings" They assumed it was the fuel pressure sensor and it doesn't bog anymore. around 29-30k miles. Been a problem for like 15k miles. Brought to my not local ford dealership and everything is peachy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
"High side had erratic fuel pressure readings" They assumed it was the fuel pressure sensor and it doesn't bog anymore. around 29-30k miles. Been a problem for like 15k miles. Brought to my not local ford dealership and everything is peachy.
This part has been the subject of conversation on the Ecoboost Mustang forum that I also belong to. I have a 2015 Ecoboost Mustang and some of them have had the sensor fail. Evidently there is a revised part that corrects the problem. Mine has not been a problem, so I have not needed to replace it. The sensor is easy to get to and replace and isn't expensive (around $25). I'm sure the RS has the same sensor, as it's essentially the same engine and fuel injection system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What were the symptoms your car was showing? I am encountering a weird misfire and am having a hell of a time diagnosing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This part has been the subject of conversation on the Ecoboost Mustang forum that I also belong to. I have a 2015 Ecoboost Mustang and some of them have had the sensor fail. Evidently there is a revised part that corrects the problem. Mine has not been a problem, so I have not needed to replace it. The sensor is easy to get to and replace and isn't expensive (around $25). I'm sure the RS has the same sensor, as it's essentially the same engine and fuel injection system.
I have had a problem with this sensor for the longest time, and it wasn't until the problem was blatantly obnoxiously obvious to the computer that finally gave the technicians a clue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What were the symptoms your car was showing? I am encountering a weird misfire and am having a hell of a time diagnosing.
For a while, the car would just jerk sometimes on cruise front and back, like a fuel cutoff and when that happens sometimes randomly it will throw a lean code. Then in time would get eventually get worse by feeling like the car doesn't have a fuel pump. It would stall in a parking lot, and at stoplights, randomly. But not after its been driven for a little while. (WOT until 4k-5k RPM then car starts slowing down)
Only until it is obvious to the computer there is a problem, you get the magic code that is needed to give the technician the hint to save someone's RS. thank you.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Lean code, stuck lean.

LTFT will rise past max of 15.6 and then throw the code.
you can reset and watch the LTFT's climb until bing.

Idle condition only, car runs fine otherwise.

The pressure sensor seems to be the fix, but there are still a few that are still chasing this, they've moved onto injectors and HPFP.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I think I'm having the same sort of problem. I encountered it when I was driving on a track.
I made a video about it: check it here :
Is this the same problem you guys also noticed?
I've been in/out the garage for 3 months already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I think I'm having the same sort of problem. I encountered it when I was driving on a track.
I made a video about it: check it here :
Is this the same problem you guys also noticed?
I've been in/out the garage for 3 months already.
The problem is now solved. They swapped "the complete fuel line".

·
Registered
146 Posts
Does anyone have the part number?
I have it as BU5Z-9F972-B or the shorter number is CM-5250. That's the one I have for my Ecoboost Mustang; assuming it's the same one for the FoRS. I'll check at Tascaparts.com to see if it also fits the RS.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have it as BU5Z-9F972-B or the shorter number is CM-5250. That's the one I have for my Ecoboost Mustang; assuming it's the same one for the FoRS. I'll check at Tascaparts.com to see if it also fits the RS.
I just looked at Tasca Ford parts and the part number for the RS is: EJ7Z-9F972-A. Notice the similarity in the mid-portion of the part number. They have it for $65.

·
Premium Member
2016 RS
1,071 Posts
The middle portion of the part number is called the base part number. All parts of the same type have the same base number, ex. all cylinder heads are 6049, all ECUs are 12A650. The prefix and suffix determine what application the part is for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts