Ford Focus RS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
True but I just consider this needed psychotherapy for the community.
No it's more like pouring gas on a live fire. Chit is already way exaggerated all over the web and forums. People need to be calm instead of acting like 13 year old girls who just got told the Taylor Swift concert is sold out, and they couldn't get a ticket.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's in the 20s here now and I thought I noticed white smoke/something more than a car starting in cold weather. My car is a 2017 with only 4k miles on it so far.

·
Registered
273 Posts
No it's more like pouring gas on a live fire. Chit is already way exaggerated all over the web and forums. People need to be calm instead of acting like 13 year old girls who just got told the Taylor Swift concert is sold out, and they couldn't get a ticket.
I was just being facetious.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ya , but I like to hear it from multiple sources....:chuncky: nice to know there is a fix coming !!
Except its not a new source, Autoguide just did a summary of the existing Autocar.co.uk source in the first post, that's not more sources, it's repeating the same thing and that's not nearly as valuable.
Props to @Hoonigan for catching that and merging them.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It's in the 20s here now and I thought I noticed white smoke/something more than a car starting in cold weather. My car is a 2017 with only 4k miles on it so far.
That's sounds normal.
What Madokami said...in cold weather...there's condensation that creates the "white" vapor from the start up....similar to you exhaling hard in cold weather and creating your own little "vapor" cloud.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Glad to see it acknowledged. Had mine serviced at 5000 miles, checked this past weekend and the coolant is significantly lower now. Currently at 7800 miles. I have not noticed the plume of white smoke, but it does seem to have a miss or something while idling. Whether hot or cold Nothing like I have seen in videos, but imagine it will get worse. 2017 with a 11 or 12/16 build date.

So, take it in now, or wait and see if she pops?

·
Registered
268 Posts
the way i see things... stop checking your coolant and drive the car. if your engine blows smoke ford is going to fix it. i used to check my coolant every day and that just sucked so much fun out of driving the car. stop worrying about it. from the videos ive seen of the hg failure you will know the difference between condensation and that sweet sweet smoke.

·
Registered
258 Posts
the way i see things... stop checking your coolant and drive the car. if your engine blows smoke ford is going to fix it. i used to check my coolant every day and that just sucked so much fun out of driving the car. stop worrying about it. from the videos ive seen of the hg failure you will know the difference between condensation and that sweet sweet smoke.
Yeah I agree. I check the coolant just like any other car... maybe every month or two. White smoke? I get that every time I start the car this time of year, so whatever. I just drive the car and enjoy it. If it blows, it blows. That would have happened whether I obsessed over it or not, so it’s not worth worrying about.

·
Registered
159 Posts
So if a recall is issued would there be a deadline for performing it? I think it would make sense to put as many miles on my apparently healthy engine as possible. I also don’t want to put my car down in the middle of race season for 6 weeks and then have to wait out another 1000 mile break in. My car works hard from March to October so if we could hold out until next winter that would be ideal.

Just looking for some speculation!

·
Registered
128 Posts
So if a recall is issued would there be a deadline for performing it? I think it would make sense to put as many miles on my apparently healthy engine as possible. I also don’t want to put my car down in the middle of race season for 6 weeks and then have to wait out another 1000 mile break in. My car works hard from March to October so if we could hold out until next winter that would be ideal.

Just looking for some speculation!
I would rather have my engine be fixed as soon as possible rather than waiting until it breaks for a fix. Also, I don't know if Ford is going to be replacing engines fully (I'm assuming that's what you think might be done since you said another 1,000 mile break in).

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would rather have my engine be fixed as soon as possible rather than waiting until it breaks for a fix. Also, I don't know if Ford is going to be replacing engines fully (I'm assuming that's what you think might be done since you said another 1,000 mile break in).
Ya I was assuming a new engine if it’s just a gasket then I wouldn’t wait.

Why wouldn’t you want to put “free” miles on your car if it’s running fine?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ya I was assuming a new engine if it’s just a gasket then I wouldn’t wait.

Why wouldn’t you want to put “free” miles on your car if it’s running fine?
I totally agree that putting miles on an undamaged engine is fine. I just worry that I'm going to promote engine damage, and if the fix/TSB/recall/whatever only covers something like the head gasket or head and head gasket, I want the rest of my engine to have not been suffering from damage due to problems with the replaced parts.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts
About this Discussion
117 Replies
51 Participants
Regulated
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing