Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I just bought a 2018 race red focus rs so far the only thing is that the car shakes so bad it’s just not enjoyable to o drive to be honest all I know is the car has big turbo injectors engine mounts trans bushings and exhaust. The worst is at 1100 rpms to 1500 rpms it rattles so bad any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
And what motor mount does it have?

Pictures will help.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Most likely that's the cause, and the trans bushing you have. Do you know if the harmonic balancer has been deleted?

Most RS owners just go with the rear motor mounts rather the whole engine mount set.

• Haha
Reactions: JamoRS

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
sounds like the CPE mounts. i have these (70a) and yes...there is vibration. i stuffed small pieces of cloth in 2 openings in the dash vent which helped with the dash vibration. did the same thing with the sunroof headliner. was able to mitigate maybe 70% of the vibration / noise. the improved power delivery to the wheels and shifting made this all worth it to me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome Race Red---GREAT color choice! Sorry to hear about the vibration issue though; good luck getting it sorted!

@nicklulu ---that type of misspeak is to be avoided in explosive ordnance disposal! e.g. "Yea! Cut the green wire first! :unsure: NO! NO! NO! I meant cut the red wire first! :oops:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sounds like the CPE mounts. i have these (70a) and yes...there is vibration. i stuffed small pieces of cloth in 2 openings in the dash vent which helped with the dash vibration. did the same thing with the sunroof headliner. was able to mitigate maybe 70% of the vibration / noise. the improved power delivery to the wheels and shifting made this all worth it to me.
Welcome Race Red---GREAT color choice! Sorry to hear about the vibration issue though; good luck getting it sorted!

@nicklulu ---that type of misspeak is to be avoided in explosive ordnance disposal! e.g. "Yea! Cut the green wire first! :unsure: NO! NO! NO! I meant cut the red wire first! :oops:
thanks! I think I figured out the last owner had installed all of the 3 cpe motor mounts the car launches great but I rather get something a little bit softer so the nvh is not annoying.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts

Reactions: Wiley Marmot

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
thanks! I think I figured out the last owner had installed all of the 3 cpe motor mounts the car launches great but I rather get something a little bit softer so the nvh is not annoying.

I would say keep the RMM, I have that on mine and I can live with the NVH with that.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Just wait until you're at idle with the a/c on!
from my experience...there is less NVH in warmer climate. ac doesn't encourage more noise. (initially when you turn it on...it vibrates some....but soon as you start driving, it goes away).
i usually dont hear much until the outside temp dips below 55f. then the dash starts to rattle some.
i have cpe pax side and trans mounts 70a...with boomba 80a rmm

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
I'll just stay with my CP-e stage 2 RMM for now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts