Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ford-focus-rs-4x4-rendered-as-the-offroading-hot-hatch-we-need-131577_1.jpg

by Andrei Tutu, 12 January 2019

The Ford Focus RS is one of the hot hatches that has helped the segment become even more popular, with the Blue Oval machine offering a splendid mix of hooning and practicality assets. Of course, as with any production car, the showroom model must suit the taste of many, but there will always be aficionados seeking the custom experience.

And while the aftermarket industry has delivered plenty of modded incarnations of the spicy compact, the one that brought us here today is special.

Before we move any further, we need to reinforce the idea that we're dealing with a rendering. Nevertheless, there are gearheads who commission such builds (more on this below).

This Focus RS has been given the jacked-up treatment. The machine now rides on super-sized tires, which are wrapped around beadlock wheels that could keep them in place during the most difficult offroading stints.

Rain Prisk is the digital art label behind this image - we've featured the work of this label on many occasions, as for instance, it has a thing for shooting brakes.

In our book, this contraption qualifies as a jportscar (that would be a jacked-up sportscar) and we're talking about a trend that's gaining traction.

In fact, we've shown you a rendering of a lifted go-fast machine earlier today, with that pixel play involving a Mercedes-AMG GT.

And we're not just talking about renders. As we mentioned above, there are certain car lovers who commission jportscar builds and here's an example.

We're expecting a few niche-loving carmakers to integrate this into the business model. And, as we've done in the past, we'll list the upcoming Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo, which has been confirmed for production, as an example.

And we have to admit we applaud SUV alternatives that allow the driver to be more involved in the experience.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/ford-focus-rs-4x4-rendered-as-the-offroading-hot-hatch-we-need-131577.html#

·
5,582 Posts
Monster RS..

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Similar...but this is real...built in Western Australia by my friends at Maximum Motorsport. Subaru XV with JDM STI engine, 6 speed, custom MCA coilover suspension, light weighted with modified wheel arches and front and rear entry/exit plus lots of other nice custom bits. 3rd outright on debut at the 2018 Sunraysia Safari offroad rally competing against trophy trucks and buggies.

RobHerridge-Sunraysia-2018-Leg3-9297-1200.jpg

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's a bit extreme but I like the idea.

I'm thinking the RS could use the Safari 911 treatment. The AWD system is aimed at performance, but we've seen that it does great at finding traction during multiple spinning wheels. Focus Raptor anyone?

·
Registered
299 Posts
It would be nice to not scrape the front of the RS on even the slightest curb or driveway entrance... I tripod every day just getting into my work parking lot!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
will you be hacking into those fenders? i can't wait!
Hopefully no need. Another member on here has run 225/75r15 which is 9.94% larger than OEM on stock suspension. I’ll be running 215/65r16 which is only 5.66% larger than oem, but I’ll also be on coils at max height with another 30mm spacers on top. I should be good to go

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oh i had no idea. Have they posted pictures anywhere on here? I'm excited to see yours with the spacers and suspension. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
The RS doesn't seem to have enough suspension travel. I would love a setup with performance oriented off-road. But, looking at it, it looks like maybe 3 inches of travel? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The RS doesn't seem to have enough suspension travel. I would love a setup with performance oriented off-road. But, looking at it, it looks like maybe 3 inches of travel? Am I missing something?
It’s as good as you’re gonna get unless you’re willing to spend $12k on a custom reiger or bilstein setup.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It’s as good as you’re gonna get unless you’re willing to spend $12k on a custom reiger or bilstein setup.
That's my point. This car just does not seem like the best for an offroad setup. Although, I admit it would be a hell of a lot of fun sliding it around in the mud and gravel...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
@brandonherring You can do a lot with 3” :p

I spend my summer hiking and camping, thus blasting down fire roads and such. Even did a rallycross event and I’m lowered on whiteline springs. Only thing that changes is how much resale value you care about. I know I might post these kinds of photos a lot, I just want people to realize this car won’t blow up if it sees gravel. Find a parking lot, do some donuts and let the bug bite you!

Generated from my Apple iPhone using tools.sportscard.trade

·
Registered
15 Posts
@brandonherring You can do a lot with 3” :p

I spend my summer hiking and camping, thus blasting down fire roads and such. Even did a rallycross event and I’m lowered on whiteline springs. Only thing that changes is how much resale value you care about. I know I might post these kinds of photos a lot, I just want people to realize this car won’t blow up if it sees gravel. Find a parking lot, do some donuts and let the bug bite you!

Those are sick wheels. Are the white ones the OZ Racing? My RS is white too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Goals :)

this is awesome, i would like to do a mild version of this.
first on the list, suspension, skid plates and lower the damn seat .

·
Registered
203 Posts
@320icar, did you remove the lower front splitter off your RS?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts