Ford Focus RS Forum banner

281 - 300 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wish I would have seen this before I bought last year. Suspected I got fleeced by the dealer (my own fault for not asking more questions). When purchasing car, inquired about it- they came back with a monthly payment of xxx, which was higher than what I had anticipated, but chalked it up to taxes and registration etc. Come to find out a few months later, when looking back through the paperwork, that they had snuck in the Ford ESP without telling me (incorporating that into the monthly payment they presented) and charged me $3,100 for it. I finally got around to canceling it yesterday (was way easier than I realized) and should be getting a prorated refund back- not sure how much to expect.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Wish I would have seen this before I bought last year. Suspected I got fleeced by the dealer (my own fault for not asking more questions). When purchasing car, inquired about it- they came back with a monthly payment of xxx, which was higher than what I had anticipated, but chalked it up to taxes and registration etc. Come to find out a few months later, when looking back through the paperwork, that they had snuck in the Ford ESP without telling me (incorporating that into the monthly payment they presented) and charged me $3,100 for it. I finally got around to canceling it yesterday (was way easier than I realized) and should be getting a prorated refund back- not sure how much to expect.
Dude that's called fraud. They are not allowed to just sneak a ESP in your financing. You should have called and gone off on them and had them refund the entire amount. Either way let me know if you want to put another one on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dude that's called fraud. They are not allowed to just sneak a ESP in your financing. You should have called and gone off on them and had them refund the entire amount. Either way let me know if you want to put another one on it.
Its all good, my own fault for not asking more questions/reading before I signed. Thank you for the offer, going to be selling/trading her in shortly- looking at a C6 Z06 today.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #285

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #288

·
Registered
4 Posts
Big shout out to GWB.

Just finished talking with him over the phone, he definitely put me at ease and answered all my questions and even helped answer my questions on how to cancel my current warranty. If you are worried and have a lot of questions Austin is a great guy to talk to and super friendly. Plus what I just purchased at the price is totally worth the peace of mind knowing I dont have to jump through hoops with some third party warranty that wont cover anything. Definitely a huge thank you and helping me better understand the different warranties and options.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate your support and I am glad I could help.

Big shout out to GWB.

Just finished talking with him over the phone, he definitely put me at ease and answered all my questions and even helped answer my questions on how to cancel my current warranty. If you are worried and have a lot of questions Austin is a great guy to talk to and super friendly. Plus what I just purchased at the price is totally worth the peace of mind knowing I dont have to jump through hoops with some third party warranty that wont cover anything. Definitely a huge thank you and helping me better understand the different warranties and options.
Responded good sir!

Would like to discuss about one of these PM'd you

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #293

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #295

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #297

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
which plan are most of yall getting? mine will be out of 3/36 in early November. only have 27k on the car. thinking about the 5/60 plan. would add 2 years to the warranty... kinda worry about something major going wrong on this car outside of warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was looking at the 5/60 originally, but thought the car would be under mileage by that time. Extending it for an extra year was only like $20. I bought a 6/60 plan from Austin. Super easy and smooth transaction. I will be coming back to him to get my extended warranty soon!

Austin, thanks for your help bud!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another +1 for @GreatWhiteBuffalo . He set me up with a 6 year / 125k mile PremiumCARE plan at a fantastic price, so I can keep guiltlessly driving my RS up and down the eastern seaboard at will.

Thank you again Austin! My wife was starting to suggest that we start road-tripping in her car to keep miles off mine. shudders

281 - 300 of 303 Posts