Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow RS owners!

I just wrote an article about my experience purchasing a Focus RS and wanted to share it with you all - if you had a similar experience, let me know - I would love to hear from you.

ARTICLE:
Occasionally, a new car comes to market that is destined for glory before a single body panel is ever stamped. A car that everybody wants to have and the media can’t get enough of. Even more appealing, imagine if this truly special car was also being sold at a reasonable price – a car that not only everyone wants, but almost everyone can afford. Well, that car is arriving soon … introducing the all-new Ford Focus RS! Enjoyed by the Europeans for many years, 2016 marks the first year US buyers can get their hands on Ford’s hottest hatchback. Entirely built in Germany, this little screamer comes with all-wheel-drive, 350hp, 1.0g’s of cornering prowess and a top speed of 165mph – all for a base price of $35,730.00. This combination makes racers-at-heart enthusiasts want an RS more than Ralphie wanted his Red Ryder BB Gun........

For the entire article, please visit this page:

Ford Dealers to Focus RS Buyers: Bring Your Wallets! | Sons of Speed

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello fellow RS owners!

I just wrote an article about my experience purchasing a Focus RS and wanted to share it with you all - if you had a similar experience, let me know - I would love to hear from you.

ARTICLE:
Occasionally, a new car comes to market that is destined for glory before a single body panel is ever stamped. A car that everybody wants to have and the media can’t get enough of. Even more appealing, imagine if this truly special car was also being sold at a reasonable price – a car that not only everyone wants, but almost everyone can afford. Well, that car is arriving soon … introducing the all-new Ford Focus RS! Enjoyed by the Europeans for many years, 2016 marks the first year US buyers can get their hands on Ford’s hottest hatchback. Entirely built in Germany, this little screamer comes with all-wheel-drive, 350hp, 1.0g’s of cornering prowess and a top speed of 165mph – all for a base price of $35,730.00. This combination makes racers-at-heart enthusiasts want an RS more than Ralphie wanted his Red Ryder BB Gun........

"This one had me stumped as I obviously want to get the most out of my track day events and had heard that the Cup 2s actually shave another two-tenths of a second off the 0-60 time, making the journey in just 4.5 seconds."

Your stats are a bit off. 4.7 seconds is to 100 km/h, not 60. Most assume 4.5 to 60, sport cups would be less than that still

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes haeffelin, good point! It is 0-62mph at 4.7secs with the Supers Sports tires and 0-62mph at 4.5secs with the Cup 2s. So, maybe the 0-60 time is even a tenth quicker, but for now these numbers are what Ford is claiming...
Until the independents magazines get their tests in, I'm not going to get too exact with the times as I firmly believe it will be faster than what Ford is claiming... I hope :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That is awesome dboyle23! Even your deposit was amazingly low! Unfortunately, not every RS buyer is getting the same treatment - that's what I'm trying to bring to everyone's attention - including Ford Corporate (I hope)!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello fellow RS owners!

ARTICLE:
Occasionally, a new car comes to market that is destined for glory before a single body panel is ever stamped. A car that everybody wants to have and the media can’t get enough of. Even more appealing, imagine if this truly special car was also being sold at a reasonable price — a car that not only everyone wants, but almost everyone can afford. Well, that car is arriving soon … introducing the all-new Ford Focus RS! Enjoyed by the Europeans for many years, 2016 marks the first year US buyers can get their hands on Ford’s hottest hatchback. Entirely built in Germany, this little screamer comes with all-wheel-drive, 350hp, 1.0g’s of cornering prowess and a top speed of 165mph — all for a base price of $35,730.00. This combination makes racers-at-heart enthusiasts want an RS more than Ralphie wanted his Red Ryder BB Gun........

Are you absolutely sure that dealer had an allocation? Any dealer can put an order in for an RS, but if they don't have an allocation, there is no guarantee that Ford will build the car. It happened to me with the first dealer that I went through. I only found out after pressing them multiple times to confirm the allocation up the chain of command. I ended up going elsewhere and getting an allocation spot (with crazy luck), but the first dealer was lying to me outright. . .

·
Registered
113 Posts
Are you absolutely sure that dealer had an allocation? Any dealer can put an order in for an RS, but if they don't have an allocation, there is no guarantee that Ford will build the car. It happened to me with the first dealer that I went through. I only found out after pressing them multiple times to confirm the allocation up the chain of command. I ended up going elsewhere and getting an allocation spot (with crazy luck), but the first dealer was lying to me outright. . .
Yup.... Just because they take your "non-refundable" deposit and "place an order" doesn't mean you actually get a car. I'm not looking forward to having to going back to the dealer and battle for my money back (90% sure they don't have an allocation). It's a little messed up that there is no buyer protection from misrepresentation on behalf of the stealership(s).

·
Registered
171 Posts
I haven't seen anything here - is there a way to verify that your order was an allocation or that the dealership at least has the # of allocation they say they do?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I haven't seen anything here - is there a way to verify that your order was an allocation or that the dealership at least has the # of allocation they say they do?
Think Nick has stated before when that question was asked that only your dealer knows and can give you that information on the # of allocations.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
"...I firmly believe it will be faster than what Ford is claiming...."
I believe that's correct. It should be noted that in their Technical Presentation Ford stated 0-60 mph in 4.4 secs. But, I certainly agree that we'll get much more information very soon. It does bug me a little that so many Mags/Blogs keep putting out the 4.7 number as the 0-60 time. That is obviously wrong, but I've seen it many times.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My experience was much the same. My name was first on the waiting list for Henry Day Ford in Utah. Once ordering was available, my contact messaged me and let me know that if I wanted one of their 3 allocated cars that I'd have to pay $2500 ADM. I told him no thank you.

I called over 2 dozen dealerships in the local area. The majority of them had already ordered their allocations, most were asking ADM, from $1000-$10000. I found 1 dealership with 1 allocation that was willing to deal at MSRP, and my order was placed the same day. A few hours of calling saved me $2500, and cost Henry Day ford a lifelong customer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
100% the same experience with me!
I like what u said that " April 2016 cannot come soon enough!"
But I don't know what time is my RS coming?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello fellow RS owners!

ARTICLE:

100% the same experience with me!
I like what u said that " April 2016 cannot come soon enough!"
But I don't know what time is my RS coming?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
There was quite a disconnect in information when I was shopping. I had a GM basically laugh me out of the building and others who knew their **** and were more than accommodating. I will be passing about 10 dealerships on the way to pick up my RS when it finally arrives. Put 500 down, paying MSRP.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I decided to prod a bit more, found a dealer who took the mark up down to 1500 (down from the 5k I was at elsewhere). Put in a new order and canceling the old one. Not MSRP, but out of the 20 somewhat dealers I called today it was the best I found, and probably no small coincidence they had the largest allocation in the region (Bay Area). 500 down as well, as opposed to the 1000 at the other spot.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
40 Participants
w3rkn
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing