Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those looking for an alternative to doing a coating you might want to look into a product called Zaino. It is a wax that bonds itself to the previous layers, and creates an unbelievable result. My father uses it on his 2009 series 5 Hurst Challenger and has about 20 coats on it now, and the paint just keeps getting deeper and deeper. It is basically the same as adding layers of clear coat to your car. I'm not a representative for them or anything, and their are other companies that have come out with similar products, I just know the quality of Zaino, and how easy it is to use etc. Look into it, its a lot easier to apply and buff than conventional wax, and creates an unbelievable result.

Here is my father's car with only a couple coats on it:
http://www.allpar.com/photos/dodge/challenger/hurst.jpg

·
Registered
972 Posts
I've been using Zaino for years. It's amazing.

I use it on everything. Like my carbon fiber motorcycle helmet, sunglass lenses, cell phone screen, Windows on my cars and truck, headlights and tail lights, gauges in my vehicals, anything that has a smooth surface really.

I get on the plastics and it comes right off. So now I use it on all the plastics on the pillars and it protects them and they shine now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Limies have products i have never heard of but have very high marks for them, it on Imperial Blue RS site......

·
Registered
972 Posts
Zaino Store: Protect & Shine

I will say this, alittle goes a really long way.

As I've never used opticoat I can't comment. But as far as easy to use, I haven't found a better product than zaino. No matter if it's 10 degrees or 110 degrees it goes on and comes off with ease. I love the grand finale final spray coat. I'll Zaino the car and it looks amazing. Then grand finale and ..... WOW! I get compliments on my raptor once a week basically on how wet it looks.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Oh and the leather in a bottle is the shiz. It cleans and conditions the leather like nothing else, plus it makes your car smell like brand new.

·
Registered
471 Posts
For those looking for an alternative to doing a coating you might want to look into a product called Zaino. It is a wax that bonds itself to the previous layers, and creates an unbelievable result. My father uses it on his 2009 series 5 Hurst Challenger and has about 20 coats on it now, and the paint just keeps getting deeper and deeper. It is basically the same as adding layers of clear coat to your car. I'm not a representative for them or anything, and their are other companies that have come out with similar products, I just know the quality of Zaino, and how easy it is to use etc. Look into it, its a lot easier to apply and buff than conventional wax, and creates an unbelievable result.

Here is my father's car with only a couple coats on it:
http://www.allpar.com/photos/dodge/challenger/hurst.jpg
How do you keep it clean between coats? For example you use Zaino on Saturday and then you drive to your friends house and it gets covered in a thin layer of dirt within 2 days, what method do you use to clean it?

·
Registered
972 Posts
How do you keep it clean between coats? For example you use Zaino on Saturday and then you drive to your friends house and it gets covered in a thin layer of dirt within 2 days, what method do you use to clean it?
I wash my vehicles once every 2 weeks. If for some reason I want to clean it sooner I just wash/dry it then slap on a coat of the grand finale spray.

I only Zaino wax the vehicle every 5-6 months, unless I just want to spend more time with them :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wash my vehicles once every 2 weeks. If for some reason I want to clean it sooner I just wash/dry it then slap on a coat of the grand finale spray.

I only Zaino wax the vehicle every 5-6 months, unless I just want to spend more time with them :)
My concern is that my RS is Shadow Black and I have a feeling it will look dirty after 1 or 2 days of average driving (40 miles a day). I don't have time to wash the car every 2 days so what should I use between washes to remove dirt from paint safely? Waterless spray or something?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
My concern is that my RS is Shadow Black and I have a feeling it will look dirty after 1 or 2 days of average driving (40 miles a day). I don't have time to wash the car every 2 days so what should I use between washes to remove dirt from paint safely? Waterless spray or something?
I'm interested in this too Chad. I have a Black ST and it's a giant "swiffer" rolling down the road. When it's clean it looks like a million bucks. Unfortunately that usually last about two days in the summer. More like two hours in the Winter.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would consider Optimums No Rinse and perform a Rinseless Wash. Done correctly, it's a very safe method and can be completed in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm interested in this too Chad. I have a Black ST and it's a giant "swiffer" rolling down the road. When it's clean it looks like a million bucks. Unfortunately that usually last about two days in the summer. More like two hours in the Winter.
Well to be honest I've only ever had one Black car and I vowed to never do that again. But my boss has a 2013 Mustang GT/CS in black and I turned him on to Zaino. He put about 6 coats of Zaino on the car over a 2 week period and then on the 7th coat he let it sit over night, Woke up and wiped it off. Came off like he put it on 15 min prior. Super easy. Now he just carries a California duster in the trunk. Uses it every couple of days. Then every 3 months he puts another coat on and let's it sit over night and then takes it off. I can say I've never seen a black car so smooth. He washes it once a week and uses the grand finale spray, and California dusters it in between washes.

PS: we live in the SoCal desert.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Look at this thread post. In prep I start using these in prep for my Shadow Black RS : Opti rinseless wash and wax and it is pretty awesome (p.s. - I have http://www.focusrs.org/forum/35-focus-rs-detailing/1348-washing-101-a.html?highlight=washused Zaino products in the past and they are good; I like the Opti-wash better!) http://www.focusrs.org/forum/35-focus-rs-detailing/1348-washing-101-a.html#post26390

Also look at these threads:
http://www.focusrs.org/forum/35-focus-rs-detailing/1078-how-protect-your-rs.html?highlight=wash
http://www.focusrs.org/forum/35-focus-rs-detailing/1555-coating-technology.html?highlight=wash
http://www.focusrs.org/forum/35-focus-rs-detailing/1348-washing-101-a.html?highlight=wash
I am also looking into Opti-Coat Pro + paint protection and PPL rock protection.

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I don't have a ton of experience with washing, since my fathers car is a show car and doesn't get dirty (we clean the underside with toothbrushes after its driven, and the thing lives in a bubble). But I do know that the others in his car club use it and I've seen bird poop run off a car at a car show like water on a waxed car. It'll probably help some with dirt not adhering to the paint. I think there isn't really anything you can do except give it a quick car wash with the zaino wash. Water beads off after weeks, like it would the day you waxed the car with say meguiar's carnauba. Throwing a california duster in your trunk is a huge help as well.

My biggest compliment on it is that I've always loved cars that have a color to them, say black cherry, that is buried under many layers of clear coat, that almost gives it a black look at night, until it hits the streetlights and you can see the color. This wax will add layers and bond to the previous layer, giving you much of the same look after you get 20-30 layers on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts