Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks nice, but who is the target market? All of the geriatric drivers I know are only capable of driving under the speed limit...

That's an old person Lexus joke.

I just can't see this selling well with other more established sporty / luxury brands. Merc, BMW, Jag, etc. Stop with this and give us the Supra already. I promise all of the enthusiasts will forget about the past 10 years of blandness and neutered cars from Toyota. LFA doesn't count because its a halo car and neither does FR-S because of the neutered engine.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
...via a 10-speed automatic...
...a hybrid version...
...aluminum gears......torque converter...
I can see exactly why they're avoiding calling it a sports car.

"The lightest torque converter in the brand's history" is a phrase that makes me chuckle uncontrollably.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Lexus completely ruined its styling within the last few years. Every model now looks like a deep sea monster with their awful "corporate" grille.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice, but who is the target market? All of the geriatric drivers I know are only capable of driving under the speed limit...

That's an old person Lexus joke.

I just can't see this selling well with other more established sporty / luxury brands. Merc, BMW, Jag, etc. Stop with this and give us the Supra already. I promise all of the enthusiasts will forget about the past 10 years of blandness and neutered cars from Toyota. LFA doesn't count because its a halo car and neither does FR-S because of the neutered engine.
What is an "old person" to you? Can an "old person" buy a RS ? Were you trying to offend me?

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - This "old person" can drive a stick pretty darn good!

P.S.S - I quit buying Lexuses (or Lexi :p) for me the when they got rid of the manual shift, except for my wife's CT200h

·
Registered
167 Posts
What is an "old person" to you? Can an "old person" buy a RS ? Were you trying to offend me?

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S.S - I quit buying Lexuses (or Lexi :p) for me the when they got rid of the manual shift, except for my wife's CT200h
Haha don't mean to offend. My grandfather is 88, I'd say he fits that bill.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

YMMV,

MidCow3

Grandpa!

;)

I'll drive manuals until I'm physically unable.. or dead.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
In no way shape or form would I drop 100K on that Lexus.

The S class coupe just looks far too good.
Which one would you rather own after the warranty runs out?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
rambo3500
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing