Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have these fog lights installed:

I have had them for 2 years. No issues at all. Recently they blew the 15 amp fog light fuse. I replaced fuse and they instantly blew again when I turn on. I put original bulbs back in and fuse doesn't blow. They work fine.

Safe to say these Philips bulbs are toast?

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
A couple thoughts come to mind. Assuming you have a few fuses to go through, try unplugging one of the lights. Does that work, or does the fuse blow? Now unplug the first one and try the second. Now do all of that again with the lights switched from one side to the other. That will help you confirm one of the lights is bad. There are a couple of other possible outcomes depending on what results you see.

Do you have a multimeter? I don't know how those lights are wired internally, but I would look for a difference between the two somewhere. Does one look like a shorted circuit and the other doesn't? Does one show different resistance than the other? This is all a little less helpful without knowing more about the lights.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple thoughts come to mind. Assuming you have a few fuses to go through, try unplugging one of the lights. Does that work, or does the fuse blow? Now unplug the first one and try the second. Now do all of that again with the lights switched from one side to the other. That will help you confirm one of the lights is bad. There are a couple of other possible outcomes depending on what results you see.

Do you have a multimeter? I don't know how those lights are wired internally, but I would look for a difference between the two somewhere. Does one look like a shorted circuit and the other doesn't? Does one show different resistance than the other? This is all a little less helpful without knowing more about the lights.
Thanks for the advice. After going through a few fuses, I was able to narrow it down to 1 particular Phillips bulb. The other bulb doesn't blow the fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts