Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my driver's side FL bezel the other day as noted in the thread below.

Just got my set of 2 new bezels and the mesh grills to go with them this week end, Went outside yesterday PM to check the new driver's side bezel for fit (it did), and immediately noticed both FLs had quite a bit of condensation on the inside of lenses. Couldn't see any on the reflectors or the bulb shields. It rained/drizzled a good chunk of Monday PM, all Monday night, and Tues AM till about noonish, so the weather had been pretty wet and humid.

A vehicle light assembly/shell that has condensation in it implies a blown seal somewhere on/in the unit to me? I haven't really had occasion to use my FLs so far, but I'm leery of letting this condition slide; seems like the condensation condition could cause a failure of the new LED bulbs I recently installed, or bulb plug/wiring etc eventually

Opinions, thoughts, Red/Green solutions ;) ? TY!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Lost my driver's side FL bezel the other day as noted in the thread below.

Just got my set of 2 new bezels and the mesh grills to go with them this week end, Went outside yesterday PM to check the new driver's side bezel for fit (it did), and immediately noticed both FLs had quite a bit of condensation on the inside of lenses. Couldn't see any on the reflectors or the bulb shields. It rained/drizzled a good chunk of Monday PM, all Monday night, and Tues AM till about noonish, so the weather had been pretty wet and humid.

A vehicle light assembly/shell that has condensation in it implies a blown seal somewhere on/in the unit to me? I haven't really had occasion to use my FLs so far, but I'm leery of letting this condition slide; seems like the condensation condition could cause a failure of the new LED bulbs I recently installed, or bulb plug/wiring etc eventually

Opinions, thoughts, Red/Green solutions ;) ? TY!
Mine are this way too. It’s a cross between looking dirty and condensation. I’ve had them apart to upgrade bulbs, but they were that way before.
Another RS peculiarity..?..not all, but some

·
Registered
219 Posts
I lost the passenger side fl bezel bc i didn’t seat the bezel properly after changing a dead fog bulb. really pissed me off how expensive it was to replace! i ended up buying one for each side bc they get knicked up and blemish easily. now I’m dealing with passenger side cracked fog glass.. even with the laminX fog overlays 😒 so much for protection. so i bought a new set of fog housings and got the diode dynamics fog lamps, gonna give headlightarmor.com a shot this time around. The LaminX were 12mil and these are 15mil 🤨 wuh’ll see how well they hold up in comparison

Reactions: Wiley Marmot

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mmmmmmm??????? Hadn't heard of either of those products; got a fair few stone nicks in the fog light lenses too. TY! getoemparts has FL housing for about $40. each...........................

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
254 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I picked up the fog housings on tasca parts for basically the same price 🤝 lead time took 2 days for them to ship out

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Mmmmmmm??????? Hadn't heard of either of those products; got a fair few stone nicks in the fog light lenses too. TY! getoemparts has FL housing for about $40. each...........................
I got my perspex covers from That Fog Light Guy, he has multiple choices in various colours

Reactions: Wiley Marmot

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
379 Posts
You could get water inside from the sides if the bulb connector wasn't properly tightened - even a few drops because of splashing as you drive in the rain could fog up the assembly - I'd just take the whole thing out, make sure that the front and rear are not damaged, just leave it outside to dry for a few hours (you could put it somewhere warm or dry it with a hairdryer to make it faster) and then reinstall before going extra steps to buy/replace it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@JamoRS-------ooooooo I like your lip splitter! I wouldn't dare drive on the roads around here with it though! My stock splitter bottom is ragged from being scraped (not by me) on stuff already.

@ dejan-----I don't know about blow drying the FLs :geek:. I already take enough smoke from my daughter because I blow dry the car after washing! There was some kinda snide question about what was next? Scrubbing the carbon out of the inside of my exhaust tips?! :LOL:

@ Biznite---the Rev 1 rear shocks I got from getoemparts came from tasca ford----not sure if they're the same company, or what?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
@JamoRS-------ooooooo I like your lip splitter! I wouldn't dare drive on the roads around here with it though! My stock splitter bottom is ragged from being scraped (not by me) on stuff already.

@ dejan-----I don't know about blow drying the FLs :geek:. I already take enough smoke from my daughter because I blow dry the car after washing! There was some kinda snide question about what was next? Scrubbing the carbon out of the inside of my exhaust tips?! :LOL:

@ Biznite---the Rev 1 rear shocks I got from getoemparts came from tasca ford----not sure if they're the same company, or what?
I have the whole kit, all the way around and on the wing.
It looks really nice, so far so good, no damage at all.

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
When I swapped my FL bulbs to LEDs I noticed the clips (very bendable) can easily miss the holes , especially the one closest towards grills. I need to remove and reset several times. Day after when I gassed the car I noticed it lifted on that area, apparently I did not get them right... remove and re-seat and not issues since.

I got the FL lenses PPF'ed when I got most of the RS covered in PPF. So far no issues but I know it will get hazzy and burnt after +6yrs as the Mrs C-Max's PPF on the FL is like that now.

I have a set of these on hand to replace the PPF in the future:

No cranks or leaks (knock on wood) that I can see from the housing when I swapped out the bulbs, The seal on the bulbs are tight too like OE.

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
Yep, same here in SoCal.

I ended up just installing Scrape Armor on mine:

So far minor scrapes on the armor its been doing its job.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I'm on my third fog light. The first two were replaced by the dealership because of fogging... Then I noticed one was broken while I was washing the car last year. I bought the passenger side light and installed it myself. I also added yellow plastic gels to hopefully protect the glass. I don't really care for the yellow protector, but it is what it is. I hope I've replaced my last light. I am a little surprised how easily the bezel comes off. It seems to sit in there well. But it really comes off a little too easily. I even tried to bend the tabs outward to keep them in place better.

Also.. I noticed a lot of dirt behind the bezels. Probably going to be a problem later. And yes, the lights are fogged up again. As long as there isn't actual water inside the light, it's okay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts