Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, one of my fog lights is thoroughly cracked, though the glass is still in place. Is the glass a separate part number, or do I need to replace the whole thing? What's the part #? Is it difficult?

·
Registered
123 Posts
This should help you. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Glass is not replaceable, you have to replace the whole assembly. Both my right and left are shattered, but I have not replaced them. Here's pics of what I ordered, cost, and from where.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,231 Posts
Glass is not replaceable, you have to replace the whole assembly. Both my right and left are shattered, but I have not replaced them. Here's pics of what I ordered, cost, and from where.

Sent using Tapatalk
Wow! That's shockingly cheap!

Reactions: MorningZ

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Once you replace them, That Foglight Guy, has many different coloured(inc clear) perspex covers, to prevent it happening again.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Once you replace them, That Foglight Guy, has many different coloured(inc clear) perspex covers, to prevent it happening again.
Just make sure you inspect the other when ordering. I ordered covers, but realized my non broken one was badly pitted and needed to be replaced as well.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
185 Posts
Wow for that price I just bought a spare set. I'm sure they'll only go up in price.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone! Just ordered both lights just in case the one is screwed up too.

Sent using Tapatalk
My man!

Thanks for the tip! I actually have a pair of covers ... somewhere. They are the Lamin-X brand from the other thread, not Foglight Guy. Hopefully they are equally as good. I bought them earlier in the year thinking of putting them on. Then I noticed the light was hella cracked. Just haven't gone back yet. With rainy/winter weather coming in the sadly foreseeable future, I wanna make sure it's protected well. The issue now might be finding them as I have absolutely no idea where I stuffed them away to! Haha

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
I have the PPF on my headlights as well as my fogs... so far so good (knock on wood).

I also have a neon green DMG cover in my parts bin.

Reactions: braap

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uuugh. I didn't think it important to PPF the headlights and fogs at the time, and now regret it. The other thing I didn't do is PPF on the sides of the car - because whoda thunk? Well, I regret that too now. Where I drive there's a ton of gravel on the roads because our local materials-hauling company can't secure a load to save their life. I've legitimately driven through multiple miles of gravel before because they drop tiny rocks behind them for miles. Driving along, and start hearing little clink clink clink - is it rain? No, clear day. Can't see anything. After a while I realize there's a truck about a mile ahead. Sure enough, the clinking increases as I get closer. I am not actually sure what I as a vehicle owner can do - sue them? for what? but I have a deep hatred for them. Anyway, what all of this means is that I have accrued a variety of tiny hairline scratches along the sides. Not a whole lot, but enough for me to notice.

My SO is looking at getting a 2021 WRX, and I think I might just splurge on full PPF wrap for her. Not gonna do ceramic again though - much harder to tell if it does anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts