Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I did see these STs while I was there:

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

They are in good condition.

I know the sales manager, I can get it cheaper than their listed price.... but I am good for now.

·
Registered
2018 St
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Link to the sold cars please. The link you provided is of a car that just dropped the price by 3k and is still looking for a buyer.
I unfortunately didn’t keep the links since they sold a few weeks and a month ago. But I think although there were those few outliers a more realistic price is that 25-30k mark for a clean low mileage st. But even then that still could be a almost direct swap for a 30k rs.

·
Registered
189 Posts
FWIW: I traded in my 2015 ST3 ,(Tangerine Scream) w/ 61K, bone stock and in perfect condition back in Nov 2020 for the RS. The dealership gave me $11.5K for it. Granted this was just before the used car boom.

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
I'm too deep into it to get rid of it. The PPF and tint on it alone still makes the KBB below what I would even consider taking a deal.

And what would I do with the parts I have stashed?!

I would just buy the Mach-E if I want it, I don't need to get rid of my RS.

I actually been looking at the RS3 for a while now.
Delete. Thoughts rescinded. May cause threats. (more than usual)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Holy crap! Did I ever avoid being fleeced a few weeks ago! I was at my dealer; getting my R shocks replaced with the Rev 1s. Got tired of watching flip it shows on HGTV in the service waiting area. Wandered over to sales; saw the salesman I'd bought my '12 SE Sport, and '13 ST from; started kicking the game around. Eventually he works around to trying to sell me a '21 California Special Mustang GT Convertible (on their lot). I'm not interested in the Stang at all, but figured what the heck, and ask what they'll give me for my RS2 on trade. So the dealer's used car assessor takes the RS for a Spin; comes back and says $21,000.00. Yea, OK. Have a good day guys; I'll ring you if I get serious.

So, after reading all the above; I calculated my RS at KBB. Trade: $34,869-$38,138; ave: $36,504.00!!! WTFlip??!! KBB aver is 57% more than the Stealer was offering! 🖕 Real glad I don't like convertibles! :LOL: In fairness I think KBB is a bit optimistic on their trade in value too, but damn! That's a BIG gap.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone, beside the dealer and finance firm…really do good??
To me, you decide if you can live with it, and move on
Fair point. For me the convenience was paramount in the transaction so I am mostly OK with. I knew what I was signing up for. If I look at it from a different view, I lost 13k of value over basically 5 years and just shy of 75k miles, and that ain't bad in the world of cars.

As a man of size, my bum is thanking me for the much better seats 😂

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone, beside the dealer and finance firm…really do good??
To me, you decide if you can live with it, and move on
I do 👋

It's all in how you present yourself to the customer and the process you go through. If you just take their car and then make an evaluation, then come back with an obscene number without justifying it throughout the process then obviously your chances of getting that sale is completely nonexistent and you have an ignorant salesman that has no idea what he's doing.

The hierarchy for money made in car business goes like this, 1. manufacturer, 2. dealer, 3. salesman (if he's really good), 4. sales managers, 5. finance manager, 6. Salesman (if they're average like 95% are out there)

Reactions: GmpaJimj
21 - 30 of 30 Posts