Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Well, I've ordered my Focus RS. Got it at MSRP. Wondering how many in this area have gotten theirs? Also wondering if your dealers requested deposits.....mine didn't even when I gave my license and signed agreeing to the price, thought that was a bit odd but I may go over there and just be like "take my deposit" in the next few days. Also, forgot to ask them about allocation, anyone know anything about the dealer allocation in WNY? Overall pretty confident that I'll get the car (they are a reputable dealer), but a bit sketched out at the lack of deposit and about the dealer allocation.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm no one in the WNY area?? Well at least I know I don't have much competition while I finalize confirmation and can get the (hopefully) allocated one.....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Central NY I think the RS will be pretty rare in general let alone NY.
Yeah it's looking that way based on my browsing of the forum. Have you gotten your DORA yet? Paid deposit? I see a lot of STI's/Evo's/Golf R's around here so I assume there would be some allocated here. Plus with all the snow we get it's literally the perfect all year car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah it's looking that way based on my browsing of the forum. Have you gotten your DORA yet? Paid deposit? I see a lot of STI's/Evo's/Golf R's around here so I assume there would be some allocated here. Plus with all the snow we get it's literally the perfect all year car.
I live 30 mins out from NYC and the dealer I got my allocation from required a deposit, I know in my general area their was 5 to 8 allocations, my dealer had 2

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live 30 mins out from NYC and the dealer I got my allocation from required a deposit, I know in my general area their was 5 to 8 allocations, my dealer had 2
Just spoke to my dealer. They said they were unsure of how many they were allocated because it is a group of dealerships and the orders are done for all their vehicle manufacturers. But they'll send me the official VOC when the ordering dept. returns to work next week. They assured me my order was submitted to the bank, and they are a large volume and reputable dealer so I feel pretty confident in them....and they said I could optionally leave a deposit which I may do.....I'll be able to sleep at night again once it is set in stone and I've received that order # or better yet the DORA.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
No DORA yet. No Deposit necessary (cousin owns dealership) ST's are pretty rare in my area so I suspect the RS will be too, plus, I am hooking people up with the local dealers that live out of the area so they can take their RSs with them making mine even more rare!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No DORA yet. No Deposit necessary (cousin owns dealership) ST's are pretty rare in my area so I suspect the RS will be too, plus, I am hooking people up with the local dealers that live out of the area so they can take their RSs with them making mine even more rare!
Well if mine falls through and there's still an allocated one there hook a brotha up. I'm out of your area.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Syracuse NY Area. Seems to be dealers willing to accept MSRP. I didn't cast the net far to see how many there were but we are in truck country and most dealers don't seem know what to make of it until they go oh, like a Shelby and see $$$.

I can give you a list of dealers to call in the area if you like. PM me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I placed my order at Van Bortel Ford in Rochester. Paid MSRP only. They had an allotment of 4 RS's, I was #2 (Been on the list since February)
Come spring I think we need to organize a WNY RS rally :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I placed my order at Van Bortel Ford in Rochester. Paid MSRP only. They had an allotment of 4 RS's, I was #2 (Been on the list since February)
I am 100% down for that! I can't promise anything ATM since my dealer printed my order conf* before he actually submitted it so I don't know what my priority level is, nor was I smart enough to ask about initial allocation on the spot! But they said they'd email me that info next week when their ordering staff comes back into work, and they assured me it was submitted to the bank so I'm anxiously awaiting that info. They are a large volume and reputable dealer in WNY so I'm sure they're allocated a few, but I'm not gonna be at ease until it's confirmed haha.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm #4 from Van Bortel.... I was a little farther down the list, but was told other people backed out or were not now interested.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Do a search for Ford dealers in the Syracuse NY area. I haven't contacted any myself as my deal was made prior to order day but I think that MSRP is easily had. Plus, I want them gone so I have the only RS in the area!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Confirming @jlange DORA in hand from Van Bortel. Priority 10. Already have the matte black vinyl wrap for the roof and mirrors arranged..and possibly the white portions of the rear spoiler. (Frozen White, RS2, Forged, PSS)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just ordered mine today at MSRP from Steet-Ponte in Utica. In my area (Syracuse) Romano wanted a 1k ADM, I told them to piss off. They have two remaining allocations if anyone is in dire need, but I wouldn't deal with them if I were you. Koener sold both of their allocations and Summit has one allocation they're attempting to create a bidding war over. Anyway, I know this is a western NY thread, but if anyone is still looking, Steet-Ponte does have one more available. Tony H. was my guy there, seems solid, tell him Dustin sent you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also told Romano's to gtfo. Attempted to place an order awhile ago and they wanted a 3k non refundable deposit with no guarantee of allocation. I've since moved out of the 315 and gone up north. im still trying to decide if I want to take the plunge. Maybe I'll give steet-Ponte a call.

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts
Guys, I moved this over to the Northeast regional area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the Rochester area but am ordering mine from out of town. Getting together with other ROC RS owners is a great idea. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just joined the Forum. I guess Van Bortel's didn't lie to me when they said all 4 from their allocation had been claimed. I had to look a little further out of town. Looking forward to seeing a few RS's in the Rochester area.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts
About this Discussion
245 Replies
37 Participants
dpaler
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing