Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so its starting to hit freezing here in Ohio and I have XPEL PPF applied to full bumper, full fenders, mirrors, and Partial hood (22" up the hood)

My question is as anyone run their RS through a non touch (no flappy things) car wash with the film applied? If so did you see any issues with the film afterwards? With brutal ohio winters hand washing isn't really an option

Registered
I have Expel and been through auto washers a few times, no issues. However watch out for the rocker panel sprayers. The one I go through has that as an option and its a little to high pressure and aggressive imo.

I mostly use the manual power washer wand as I can get up under the wheel wells and undercarriage better.

Registered
I have 3M film on the front, just as you do, and have not had any issues with touch-less automated car washes. Granted only used them a handful of times last winter, but the film is still on with no sign of wear and tear around the edges.

Registered
I have had an Xpel bra since 2017. Been through a million touchless car washes cuz I'm incredibly anal about my RS's appearance, especially in the winter. The Xpel still looks great and does wonders against flying road debri.

During the cold winter months I can see where the xpel did it's work against rocks and whatnot. In the summer when it warms up the blemishes in the wrap disappear. Amazing stuff.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I have Expel and been through auto washers a few times, no issues. However watch out for the rocker panel sprayers. The one I go through has that as an option and its a little to high pressure and aggressive imo.

I mostly use the manual power washer wand as I can get up under the wheel wells and undercarriage better.
I usually do the wand but during the winter many of close shops shut down for the winter causing me to go 30 mins out to find a place which is kind of a pain. So I guess I might give the auto wash a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts