Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planning on getting the Eibach lowering springs for my car within the next month or so, and I wanted to get some wheel spacers to go along with it. I might get the spacers prior to getting my suspension though just because of ease of installation. For those that dont know, the Eibach springs lower 0.7" in the front and 1.1" in the rear. I wanted to go as aggressive as possible with the spacers, without rubbing. I heard you could pull off 20mm spacers but im not sure. Im running stock, premium 19x8 wheels with original michelins still on the car. I was just going to go 15mm but not sure if that would give me the look i was going for, or if that would even fit, any tips?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was looking at a similar setup for autocross. The lowering springs and wider wheel track should reduce weight transfer during cornering. Tirerack.com sells wheels with up to 38mm of offset for the Focus RS, which represents the safest and most assured fitment on our vehicles. I'm not saying that an even more aggressive offset isn't possible, but Tirerack makes certain whatever they sell fits to minimize their returns. That being said, our car factory wheels come with 50mm of offset. When you add spacers to our cars, you are numerically reducing the offset. Example: 15mm spacers added to a wheel with 50mm of offset would result in a wheel fitment with 35mm of offset. If you put 20mm spacers on the factory wheels, you'd basically be running a total wheel offset of 30mm.

I hope this helps. Bottom line, I think you should search for people who are running a total offset of 30mm. You can do this by finding a set of wheels you like with a factory 30mm offset and see what other Focus RS owners are running them.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
@MbbRS aren't you selling some spacers?

Any input?

·
Registered
100 Posts
So I'm planning on getting the Eibach lowering springs for my car within the next month or so, and I wanted to get some wheel spacers to go along with it. I might get the spacers prior to getting my suspension though just because of ease of installation. For those that dont know, the Eibach springs lower 0.7" in the front and 1.1" in the rear. I wanted to go as aggressive as possible with the spacers, without rubbing. I heard you could pull off 20mm spacers but im not sure. Im running stock, premium 19x8 wheels with original michelins still on the car. I was just going to go 15mm but not sure if that would give me the look i was going for, or if that would even fit, any tips?
@%1; can you provide any feedback on your particular setup? I know you’re on lowering springs with some aftermarket wheels. What is the offset of your aftermarket wheel setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 RS
213 Posts
@MbbRS aren't you selling some spacers?

Any input?
Never installed... realized they were too big for what I wanted after lowering.. I wish I could help.. but they are for sale.. 20mm front 25mm rear.. garage line

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm running 15 mm spacers on Whiteline springs with factory wheels. As you can see, its not completely flush, but it doesn't rub. To me, it was the best compromise of looks and function.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone have the ST Suspension Wheel spacer kit 12.5mm below and can confirm if you 100% have to use the ugly chrome lug nuts that come with the kit or can you use other lug nuts? I want this kit but have herd if you use different lug nuts on some wheel spacers they can sheer off due to them not being threaded on as much due to the spacer making the wheel bolts shorter as this kit does not use replacement longer blots but rather the stock. I am not worried about this 12.5mm spacer rubbing at all but refuse to run the lug nuts provided in the kit as I would like to keep using my black McGard spline drive lug nuts. If anyone has experience with this kit please let me know.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Just get some 17mm nut caps.

I posted the ones I bought a while ago somewhere in a spacers thread.

Inexpensive and gets rid of the nut look you dont like.

I must admit though I didnt use them for long, I like to torque check my lugnuts once in a while given the spacer kit uses extended lug nuts and removing the capa each time pretty much trippled the time to do the check.

Golf Rs come stock with nut cover btw...and I think they might be 17mm too just cant remember for sure since last time swapping my moms winter wheels for the summers.

Alternative, only one I can think of: longer studs. But judging from a few threads I remember reading the fronts might be hard to replace...

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Those look pretty much the same as the ones I got (see below). I had leaking valve stems (cheap amazon replacements) on my fusion wheels earlier this summer and never put the caps back on my forged wheels...this reminds me I need to get those valves swapped for oem ones and put the 18s back on...and maybe use those caps since they do make things look better!

Picture without the caps:

Picture with the caps:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts