• Shelby GT350

Votes: 56 44.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Ford is going to get a lot of my money very soon with all these awesome vehicles they are producing: Focus RS, Shelby GT350 and Raptor.

If I could have it my way I would have all three in my garage within the next couple of years, but right now I'm having a hard time deciding between getting the Focus RS or the Shelby GT350.

Vote above and let me know which one you would rather have!

or

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
They are different cars and serve different purposes. I would get the RS because I want an AWD hatch. I don't see myself ever really being interested in owning the GT350 just because it doesn't serve my purpose. But that doesn't keep me from recommending it to people who have less specific interests.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Go with the gt350 and then I'll take your position on the staff here since you wont have an RS haha :playful:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the GT350 for it's looks, exhaust note, possible collectibility, track performance, exhaust note and limited production.

I like the Focus RS because it's more practical, could be used as a daily driver, fun to tune, fun to launch, turbocharged and I think I would drive it closer to it's limits.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will check it out, but I prefer forums that are just specific to the vehicle I'm interested in.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I vote RS because I couldn't afford a GT350... That and where I live and where I'm at in my life, an AWD hatch is just the smarter choice. Still love the GT350 though, and my company makes a rather clever part on that car... You guys might find it boring but I don't ;)

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
My dealer said they were selling the GT 350 for 20K over msrp. And selling them as fast as they take them off of the truck. the one they had in the showroom was 57K... then add another 20K to that.. pricey car.. but still cool in my mind.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The Focus RS more than suits my year-round daily driving needs at this point. Eventually when I can afford a dedicated summer car I'll see what Ford has in the way of the GT350/GT350R. Although it may be something completely different by then :p

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Shelby GT350 and GT350R are nice cars and I have liked them since the 271 Hp 289 cu. in. , however, the Mustang just doesn't meet my needs.

I really need 4-doors (to carry 4 adults and allow them to get in and out easily) and a hatchback. I need to be able to put in a dog hammock to transport my dog.

I just wish manual shifts weren't such a dying breed. :stupid:

YMMV,

MidCow3
d
P.S. - I got my $3,500 approval to add my stuff to the RS, upgraded speakers, dynamat, stealth radar, Opti-Coat Pro +, Xpel bra, ceramic tint :tongue-new:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Shelby GT350 and GT350R are nice cars and I have liked them since the 271 Hp 289 cu. in. , however, the Mustang just doesn't meet my needs.

I really need 4-doors (to carry 4 adults and allow them to get in and out easily) and a hatchback. I need to be able to put in a dog hammock to transport my dog.

I just wish manual shifts weren't such a dying breed. :stupid:

YMMV,

MidCow3
d
P.S. - I got my $3,500 approval to add my stuff to the RS, upgraded speakers, dynamat, stealth radar, Opti-Coat Pro +, Xpel bra, ceramic tint :tongue-new:
There are some other brands of sound proofing that work well and are a lot less expensive than dynamat. I bought some for my ST, did the two front doors and had enough left over to do a CRV on all 5 doors for $49 or something. The difference was quite noticeable too.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I love the GT350 and GT350R. We don't get them in Australia though unfortunately. Even if I could afford one and locate one at a dealer I have a young family so need a car with 4 doors to put a baby seat in the back. Would love one in future though.

If I only needed two doors and limited space it would be a much tougher choice. The RS is going to be a weapon though so anyone who buys either car is going to be happy.

·
Super Moderator
15,797 Posts
If you're in a hurry, get the GT350!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts