Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unbelievable value for that kind of money, but Id probably take a new Mustang GT with 435hp and 700lb lighter for just over 32k. Im not a fan of chargers but nice to see that kind of power for 40k.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, same, but for me it boils down to 4 doors. I have a 4 month old now so that is where the RS kind of fits the script perfectly. fast, fun, affordable, and can put the kids in the back. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Unbelievable value for that kind of money, but Id probably take a new Mustang GT with 435hp and 700lb lighter for just over 32k. Im not a fan of chargers but nice to see that kind of power for 40k.
Where did you get 40k? It starts at $62,295 for a 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat plus
another 20k-30K ADM.

·
Registered
48 Posts
He is not talking about hellcat. Scat pack is hellava deal.
Uconnect is awesome, lots of space and power...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A lot of misinfomed souls on this thread! lol. As stated by my multiple "backups" (thanks guys), the Scat Pack is NOT an SRT model, but it does have the 392 SRT engine in it. Yes, it is 40K, yes it has 485 HP, and no, it's not an SRT.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
That's nutts! 485 hp for 40 grand, but it handles like a water taxi.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
If I was in the market for a RWD vehicle around 40-50K it would be a slightly used C7. The way I see it compromise is good, but nothing beats a hot hatch for have your cake and eat it too. I honestly would prefer to have a RS and just build a race car for my toy, like a Miata, Z06, or an Ariel Atom.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Its a Dodge, will probably blow up
It likely won't blow up, but it will need control arm bushings, tie rod ends, rotors, an A/C compressor, and an alternator before 60k miles. :cool:

And I can't even imagine a Charger weighing more than my 2004 Grand Cherokee that has a solid front axle, and a transfer case. Mind=Blown

·
Registered
203 Posts
If I was in the market for a RWD vehicle around 40-50K it would be a slightly used C7. The way I see it compromise is good, but nothing beats a hot hatch for ha the ve your cake and eat it too. I honestly would prefer to have a RS and just build a race car for my toy, like a Miata, Z06, or an Ariel Atom.
What no S2000? :) you mentioned Miata.

Now the Ariel Atom on a gymkhana would be cool :cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
13 Participants
Crooked Letta
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing