Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'll have time to grow my own rice by the time that Honda makes up the 0-60 gap. By the time it gets there I won't need it anymore.
Too bad Honda is trying to push all that power through just the front wheels. If the Type R was all wheel drive, I think this would be a much more interesting comparison.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Too bad Honda is trying to push all that power through just the front wheels. If the Type R was all wheel drive, I think this would be a much more interesting comparison.
Would be more accurate to compare it with the previous Focus RS as that was pushing 300+ hp to the front wheels as well.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Honda trying to appeal to the Crazy European Hothatch fever is just stupid. The Honda is huge, edgy and contains so much rice people are starving because of it.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I'm surprised at how high the 0-60 is for the Type-R, we will have to see when some mags start testing but it wasn't uncommon to see the Balt SS hit 0-60 in 5.4-5.7 with only 260hp.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm nowhere near a Honda fanboi (euro Ford/RS all day), but if any of y'all really think the Honda is behind the times and/or lacking awesomeness just bc its FWD, well, that's clearly lack of insight and appreciation for performance vehicles in general, IMHHO.

I get the AWD>FWD sentiment (I generally agree/share it), but FWD can be fast and made to perform in a way any "real" car enthusiast can appreciate. It's just a different flavor.

And for the record, the Mk2 RS was damn awesome in my eyes, but it was only very briefly at the top of its or any class, in terms of actual performance. The Megane RS consistently outperformed it with less power and better overall driving dynamics (of course, the stock tires notably helped. Not the whole story tho).

High power output is cool. High power put to the ground more effectively is cooler. The new TypeR will eat the Mk2 RS rather easily in that regard.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
The Type R's Nurburgring time is very, very impressive so it's hard to say anything negative about the car. I'm against all these "comparison" articles though from people that haven't driven the RS for sure and most likely haven't driven either car yet...wtf are we comparing? Specs? That's nice, I could've done that myself.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, faster than a new M3 around any road course makes me listen olittely to whatever you got to say.
I love that they went full retard on the looks; not my style, but I admire the courage, and it definitely won't be mistaken for anything else.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
What? You're putting your job ahead of the Forum? Disturbing.....very disturbing.
The filter at work has been turned WAY up so I'm temporarily blocked from accessing our site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well if any company can do FWD competitively its Honda. Build quality is still spot on. Just traded my 07 Civic Type R (UK) for an 07 Mazdaspeed 3 while I wait on this RS. I can tell you now....quality 'feel' inside and out is night and day, and the Mazda is very well built, mind you, but not in Honda league.

I think the new shape Civic will pose a credible threat, its a real looker. Plus first turbo Honda R in the US? Aftermarket will explode. Literally. I know this is a nitpick, but I REALLY HATE rear facing exhaust manifolds....which is why I love that Honda has it upfront. HOWEVER I love that little dinky exhaust manifold pipe on the 2.3 Ecoboost....and while it may require a lift to swap turbos, we will be saving a ton on aftermarket manifold costs as warranties begin to fall off. Regardless its a damn good time to be a car guy/girl.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts