Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some very cool editing in this video. I guess at this point I shouldn't be surprised the RS can hold it's own against an R8, which looked like it was having trouble putting the power down. Of course we have no idea what the variables are here but I've driven an R8 and would have thought the HP advantage alone would have let it leave the RS behind.

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
One of our execs at work bought the very fist R8 sold in Cali.

I'm sure he can whoop my @$$ on my RS.

Reactions: aheadlan

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last year when I was on track I consistently kept passing an r8 in my run group.

No doubt that car needed a driver mod, I’m not that good hah
Haha I did my first track day this year and passed quite a few more powerful cars, and I'm not a good driver at all. More like the RS is very easy to drive fast. Not to mention the way it drifted around the skidpad 👍

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Only one way to find out! You might be surprised.
If I try to find out, it'll end up bad for me either way!.

Yeah, might as well go to HR and put in my resignation.

ROFL!

He is also a part owner of the Phoenix Suns

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I try to find out, it'll end up bad for me either way!.

Yeah, might as well go to HR and put in my resignation.

ROFL!

He is also a part owner of the Phoenix Suns
I think he needs to hear the words "you got beat by a Ford Focus". He'll thank you for making him keep it real 🤣

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
I think he needs to hear the words "you got beat by a Ford Focus". He'll thank you for making him keep it real 🤣

After that, I'll hear the words "You're Fired BTW, don't the let door hit you in the @$$!" 😭

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Watching that felt good. I had my eye on a used one at the Jag. dealer in Buffalo. It belonged to a guy‘s wife, Clean, Kinda pricey $89K, I though I needed a back seat.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Watching that felt good. I had my eye on a used one at the Jag. dealer in Buffalo. It belonged to a guy‘s wife, Clean, Kinda pricey $89K, I though I needed a back seat.
How did you like it? I found it surprisingly uncomfortable considering it's an Audi and was supposed to be the everyday supercar. It didn't help that I drove a Huracan Performante the same day, which was absolutely mind-blowing. Couldn't believe they shared an engine and chassis.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Interesting comparison. You can really see where the advantages of one or the other are. Seems RS likes the tighter/technical sections while the R8 does better in the later more "sweeping" sections? Not too surprising considering they are roughly the same weight (with the R8 being even heavier). I would also assume that the R8's power/torque is further up top while the RS has more "oompf" and the lower end (slower sections). The RS definitely exits the corners better due to that, perhaps also due to the AWD traction. I'm surprised the R8 doesn't rotate/turn-in better/have better corner entry considering it's a mid-engined car.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
How did you like it? I found it surprisingly uncomfortable considering it's an Audi and was supposed to be the everyday supercar. It didn't help that I drove a Huracan Performante the same day, which was absolutely mind-blowing. Couldn't believe they shared an engine and chassis.
I didn’t get serious enough to drive it. Sitting there, it was, uninspiring. I’m not panning it, but for that kind of money (especially new) I would want more of a connection. Read, wanton lust must have. Interior was OK, but my dream interior is more like the Supra race version, featured elsewhere in the forum. I just don’t have the grapes to do it!
Automatic tranny, plus Lamborghini service charges, hmmm, pass.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
This doesn't look like they are the same drivers.

So, I'm gonna put this down to Driver mod. RS driver is better, more experienced, or more familiar with the course.

Otherwise the R8 should trounce the RS in everything but $$$.

Reactions: aheadlan

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This doesn't look like they are the same drivers.

So, I'm gonna put this down to Driver mod. RS driver is better, more experienced, or more familiar with the course.

Otherwise the R8 should trounce the RS in everything but $$$.
I just noticed the R8 had a passenger too - maybe an instructor.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts