Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
288 GTO... What I wouldn't give! I would pave a dedicated driveway down to the basement entrance on the back of my house and replace the sliding door with a french door just so I could keep the car fully inside!

·
Registered
260 Posts
That was very interesting and I was very blown away by a couple of cars on the list.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ooooooh! I would LOVE to see a Skyline R34 vs. Focus RS matchup! Also, I would love to see the Focus RS and the Mustang GT go head-to-head. This was a cool article.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ooooooh! I would LOVE to see a Skyline R34 vs. Focus RS matchup! Also, I would love to see the Focus RS and the Mustang GT go head-to-head. This was a cool article.
The folks at Car & Driver have a 5.0 long term tester and they have clocked 4.3 sec 0-60... it should be a close one.

·
Registered
653 Posts
that was a fun read, but my goodness, it goes to show you how well those other cars were engineered back in their day, the vast majority of those cars are ancient in vehicle terms, and their numbers still kick ass!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Once rolling some of those "slower" supercars will out-accelerate the RS, it's its AWD launch that gives the RS the leg up on a standing start.

·
Registered
334 Posts
its a nice list but they are old supercars! The marvels of modern tech!
It's cool to think that a number of the cars on that list were, at one point or another, the fastest car in the world but they are now slower than an inexpensive family hatchback. Just goes to show how far technology has advanced.

·
Registered
20 Posts
what would be cool is modern car such as the rs with less than 10k$ dumped into it beating stock modern supercars....kind of like the japanese cars of the 90s!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Richard here, MD at Motoring Research. Glad you liked this feature - thanks for your comments!

Tim's now back from the RS launch in Valencia, with a notepad full of scribbles. Any questions, let us know...

·
Registered
375 Posts
what would be cool is modern car such as the rs with less than 10k$ dumped into it beating stock modern supercars....kind of like the japanese cars of the 90s!

Agreed, it'll be cool to finally see the RS doing some damage...but you don't need to go way back into the 90s to see the phenomenon. The Mitsu Evo platform has been trolling supercars and exotics for more than 12+years now.

I'm suddenly feeling old, atm.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Whilst it's one thing to make comparisons on 0-60mph/100kmh, which is very impressive with the RS, there's no doubting the aesthetics, interiors, smells and sounds of some of those classic exotics would be something to behold and the intoxication of the senses while driving one, would make the sprint time fade in importance........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts