Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm going to do a versus post on the RS versus my own vette! I'll do a complete break down of the two literally side by side in my garage and talk about these two cars performance for their respective values. Which will be a better bang for the buck, 3100 lbs 6 speed rwd v8 from the 90s or advanced awd turbo from 2016? :cool:

BcSAHsE.jpg

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That will be sick, good comparison between the higher hp and base c5.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The C5 or C6 Z06 is always on my list of potential toys. The C5 will be a very different vehicle from the RS. In terms of my ST compared to a C5, the C5 is more of a sledgehammer. I took home one of my customers C6 427 convertible, which he took out the LS7 and dropped in a 427 supercharged meth injected crate engine. Every time you got on that throttle, man could you feel the flex of the chassis and the rear just bite in. Two very different driving experiences, power and drive layout aside. I think the RS will mimic a C7 in terms of feel, and tractability, but I will be looking forward to your findings and thoughts :)

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing is like having that much torque at such a low rpm. It's awesome shifting from 1st to 4th to 6th gear with no bogging down like turbo 4 cylinders. Of course I still love the awd 4 cylinder cars.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Nothing is like having that much torque at such a low rpm. It's awesome shifting from 1st to 4th to 6th gear with no bogging down like turbo 4 cylinders. Of course I still love the awd 4 cylinder cars.
reminds me of the Top Gear episode where he took the C6 Z06 from 0 to I think 170 in 5th all in 5th :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
I too will be interested in comparing the two cars which I suspect will be vastly different.

There just isn't any substitute for cubic inches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great looking FRC! I've had three of them, a 2000, 1999 and my current 2003 Z06. The first two were heads/cam cars the most current one is a dry sumped N/A 427 making 560rwhp. It's pretty cool to see how the Focus RS is appealing to such a wide range of car enthusiasts. It just checks off a lot of boxes.

2003 Z06

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Frozen Mike
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing