Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I bumped a curb a while back and was just dealing with the scuff, but it was bothering me so I finally ordered a new OEM PN: G1EZ17626A. I have seen a number of posts talking about how much of a PITA it is to replace the front splitter on our cars. I recalled a conversation that I had with Jessica Livernois where she mentioned that it was super easy. I reached out to her and she shared the pro tip to just break the retainer clips on the damaged splitter. I took this a step further and used a blade to cut one side of each, to reduce the force needed to remove. The entire process took about 10 minutes.

I made a video of this process and thought it might help someone here.

·
Registered
581 Posts
It always amazes me when people are afraid to think outside the box. The service manual is good and all, but I have found numerous time savings pointers which are not in manual or forum mode, lol.If the part is trash, why not make it better trash, exactly like u did. Thanks for sharing this one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly! I was slightly hesitant at first but then I thought about it. The scuffed piece will never go back on my car so there is no point in tripling the amount of work just to save some junk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts