Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody made any purchases from Focus RS Shop recently? I remember they were once a vendor on these forums, but I'm assuming were removed a while ago. I bought some Massive camber and toe arms from their website on Memorial Day (05/25) almost two weeks ago. They charged my card, but I have not heard a single word on when my stuff is shipping out. I've left them a few emails AND voicemails this week and haven't heard back once... Wondering if I need to dispute the charge on my credit card at this point...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a Scorpion catback from them in March and still haven't received it. Figured it was delayed because of COVID, so I sent them a message via their website last month. Surprisingly it took a few weeks to get a response. They confirmed that the shipment had been delayed and they would be receiving more Scorpion exhausts in a few weeks.

They charged my card as soon as I placed the order as well.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a Scorpion catback from them in March and still haven't received it. Figured it was delayed because of COVID, so I sent them a message via their website last month. Surprisingly it took a few weeks to get a response. They confirmed that the shipment had been delayed and they would be receiving more Scorpion exhausts in a few weeks.

They charged my card as soon as I placed the order as well.
I was okay with them charging my card right away, even though that's not standard practice. But what bugs me is no heads-up, update or response whatsoever. Only reason I ordered from them is to get 5% off with the focusrsorg code. I'm contemplating just cancelling the order and paying full price at a vendor that can get them to me in a timely manner, or at least let me know they are delayed. I'm waiting on these parts to install my KW DDCs sitting in my garage. At this rate, even if I reach out to them to cancel my order, I probably still won't get a response, so I'd have to go through my credit card most likely, if that would even work since it technically wasn't a fraudulent charge.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I had ordered the Massive camber and toe arms last fall. After repeated askes for updates, he finally stopped responding, i asked for a refund, nothing. So i filed a paypal claim and was refunded in 12hrs.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I had issues with them as well. While it was ultimately resolved, working with them was awful.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh boy... Sounds like I should've just paid the extra $20 and bought through another vendor. I'll probably dispute the charge this weekend and order somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I ordered from him before, issues with it shipping and tracking, not worth the small price difference

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, after a week of voicemails and emails with no response, I went ahead and filed a dispute with my BofA credit card. This is ridiculous. No wonder they're not a vendor on here anymore...

Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
This has come up before. Someone said the RS Shop is a one man operation. I think his name was Rick (?) I ordered tail lights, heard nothing for months, supposedly on back order. Wouldn’t return Emails, no phone return. Finally I complained through PayPal, and got an immediate Email from him, all apologies etc. I cancelled, ordered same lights through Redline, had them in days. I don’t think he’s a scammer, just not up to speed. Good luck!

·
Registered
639 Posts
The owner is Ryan Carr. He should probably put a temporarily hold on the site. He posted the attached on Facebook in February.

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The owner is Ryan Carr. He should probably put a temporarily hold on the site. He posted the attached on Facebook in February.
UPDATE:
So I filed a dispute with my BofA credit card on Friday. I got a message saying they credited back the charge yesterday (Sunday). So kudos to them for such quick work. HOWEVER, I finally heard back from Ryan this morning saying, "It looks like it should be shipping out this week directly from the manufacturer. Sorry for the delay, with everything going on in the world we've been dealing with a lot of them unfortunately." So I called Massive directly and they confirmed they have indeed been suffering from delays due to COVID, and expect a shipment of more camber and toe arms this week.

So I ended up calling BofA and having them cancel the dispute and reinstate the charge. I like to support small businesses when I can. And maybe the FB post @RSt~n~peace shared also tugged on my heart strings a little bit. I can only imagine the stress this dude is under. So while I would've appreciated an update before having to escalate it, I feel for him. Hopefully, my stuff will ship out this week, and I can finally install my coilovers. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE:
So I filled a dispute with my BofA credit card on Friday. I got a message saying they credited back the charge yesterday (Sunday). So kudos to them for such quick work. HOWEVER, I finally heard back from Ryan this morning saying, "It looks like it should be shipping out this week directly from the manufacturer. Sorry for the delay, with everything going on in the world we've been dealing with a lot of them unfortunately." So I called Massive directly and they confirmed they have indeed been suffering from delays due to COVID, and expect a shipment of more camber and toe arms this week.

So I ended up calling BofA and having them cancel the dispute and reinstate the charge. I like to support small businesses when I can. And maybe the FB post @RSt~n~peace shared also tugged on my heart strings a little bit. I can only imagine the stress this dude is under. So while I would've appreciated an update before having to escalate it, I feel for him. Hopefully, my stuff will ship out this week, and I can finally install my coilovers. Fingers crossed!
If its any consolation I recently ordered a new clutch through his store. I ended up needing to RMA the first one I ordered as I ordered the wrong part number to retain the stock DMF. I had a lot of luck corresponding with him via Facebook messenger. He refunded me for the original clutch and reminded me to use the Coupon code for 10 percent off which he didn't have to do. He has been busy but I was happy with the overall experience and would order from him again with the understanding that its just one guy doing it all.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've ordered from him a couple of times in the past, nothing but great service. Sounds like a lot of bad luck converging at once. Sucks to hear. He's not one of those vendors that's always been sketchy, so I'm willing to take him at his word that he's struggling to keep up with the shop. Wish him the best and hope that he'll be able to return to delivering quality service as soon as he's able.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered a downpipe and a few extra goodies and waited 3 months, constantly emailing him about my parts. I never heard from him even after me sending about 12 emails. MY ADVICE is stay away from the site if you want to get your parts delivered. II had to contact my bank to receive a refund.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered a downpipe and a few extra goodies and waited 3 months, constantly emailing him about my parts. I never heard from him even after me sending about 12 emails. MY ADVICE is stay away from the site if you want to get your parts delivered. II had to contact my bank to receive a refund.
I'll give it a couple weeks. I couldn't even get these parts anywhere else if I wanted to either because they are delayed at the manufacturer level. They're supposed to receive a shipment this week, and my order is shipping straight from said manufacturer (Massive), so I'll give another week or so leeway after that.

·
Registered
372 Posts
RS Shop was able to deliver my Scorpion exhaust when Mountune was not able to deliver. Granted it took some time but it was a whole lot better than waiting two winters to get a VX2. I cancelled from Mountune after the first 5 month wait. The following winter I ordered a VX2 again, but canceled 2 months later and ordered from the RS Shop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
RS Shop was able to deliver my Scorpion exhaust when Mountune was not able to deliver. Granted it took some time but it was a whole lot better than waiting two winters to get a VX2. I cancelled from Mountune after the first 5 month wait. The following winter I ordered a VX2 again, but canceled 2 months later and ordered from the RS Shop.
Wow that’s crazy man. I ordered my exhaust from CPE and they took less than a week to deliver my exhaust, Intercooler, and downpipe.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I’ve purchased a couple of parts from Ryan with zero issues, I have no complaints with his shop at all. My only advice to all you RS owners is to reach out to the companies before making a purchase. Check in and see if the item you are wanting is in stock. That way you know when you make that purchase and get charged, you’re not going to be waiting weeks-months for it to arrive. After issues with other companies, I’ve started doing this and have had nothing but success. I’ve purchased my parts from Mountune USA, ETS, CP-E, Focusrsshop, CJ pony parts, etc.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Sucks to read all the negatives here in one place. But I figure they're all pretty spot on, especially a few months back.

If i had to guess, a lot of these were for Scorpion parts or for Spec D taillights. You'll notice I no longer sell the taillights for this and other reasons. Scoprion I continue to carry because it's something so many people want, but the delays are crazy. When I'm working with them directly it's better but for the second time now they have passed all US dealers off to a single US distributor who came in and bought $1m+ in inventory. Last time they did it it was less than a year before that distributor was out of business and I was back to dealing with Scorpion directly. We will see how long the new one lasts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts