Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Rim

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 15, 2016 — With U.S. sales of Ford’s performance cars outpacing the overall industry, production kickoff for the company’s long-anticipated, 350-horsepower hot hatch couldn’t come at a better time. The first all-new Focus RS has rolled off the line in Saarlouis, Germany.

The arrival of Focus RS in the United States this spring adds to a potent hot hatch lineup. Ford’s Focus ST and Fiesta ST both have enjoyed critical acclaim and success. Sales of the Focus ST increased 9 percent last year while Fiesta ST saw a gain of 4 percent.

The Ford Performance U.S. lineup is set to grow by three models in 2016. Focus RS will be joined by F-150 Raptor this fall and the all-new Ford GT supercar that goes into production late this year. Along with Focus ST and Fiesta ST, the lineup already includes Shelby® GT350 and GT350R, which debuted late last year.

Record-breaking Focus RS

Focus RS is one of 12 performance vehicles Ford will bring to customers globally through 2020. Developed by a team of Ford Performance engineers in Europe and the U.S., Focus RS is powered by a specially engineered version of Ford’s new 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine. Its 4.7-second 0-62-mph sprint makes the high-performance hatchback the fastest-accelerating Ford RS model ever.

Focus RS pioneers innovative Ford Performance All-Wheel Drive with Dynamic Torque Vectoring for a new level of handling, grip and cornering speed. For the first time, the RS model gets selectable drive modes — including industry-first drift mode that allows controlled oversteer drifts — and launch control.

To learn more about the new Focus RS, please visit the Focus RS page 2016 Focus Sedan & Hatchback | View Dynamic Features | Ford.com

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-germany-set-to-arrive-in-us-this-spring.html

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
Hope mine gets scheduled soon
Same. I think mine would have been selected a month ago had my first dealer actually entered the order Oct 12th or 13th even, they only got my deposit on the 1st of Oct. But as of last week they still didn't have my order in the system so I switched to a new dealer, got my order number from there allocation within 5 minutes of putting my deposit down with them.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Same. I think mine would have been selected a month ago had my first dealer actually entered the order Oct 12th or 13th even, they only got my deposit on the 1st of Oct. But as of last week they still didn't have my order in the system so I switched to a new dealer, got my order number from there allocation within 5 minutes of putting my deposit down with them.
I really don't think it matters. Mine was put in at 10 AM MT on the 12th and I'm still not scheduled.

The long build up and lack of information from my dealer has made it a frustrating process. I would know next to nothing about the doings of the RS if it wasn't for this site. At this point it will need to be pretty damn amazing to make it worth it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I really don't think it matters. Mine was put in at 10 AM MT on the 12th and I'm still not scheduled.

The long build up and lack of information from my dealer has made it a frustrating process. I would know next to nothing about the doings of the RS if it wasn't for this site. At this point it will need to be pretty damn amazing to make it worth it.
IIRC, it was mentioned somewhere else on the site that orders are being scheduled so that cars can be distributed across the US in a "geographically diverse" way. So, it doesn't matter when the order was placed as much as where the order is located.

·
Super Moderator
16,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: j0shm1lls

·
Registered
627 Posts

I walked into a dealership on the 7th of this month (a week ago basically) and placed my order for their only allocation they are receiving and hadn't even ordered as stock, and it was picked up yesterday for scheduling. So I have no idea how all this works

·
Registered
848 Posts
IIRC, it was mentioned somewhere else on the site that orders are being scheduled so that cars can be distributed across the US in a "geographically diverse" way. So, it doesn't matter when the order was placed as much as where the order is located.
Awesome. I'm the farthest north user so hopefully I get mine first!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
where are you located

·
Registered
965 Posts
It's funny how Ford considers the new RS record breaking.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Yeah when the rs200 was 0-60 in like 2.9 seconds

·
Super Moderator
16,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Super Moderator
16,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·